Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] JBSourcery Encore-LTE(06/07/13) The Final Call

Tip us?

johnnyb15613
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Default Re: [ROM] JBSourcery4.5-LTE(01/30/13) Nothing Compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
Galaxy nexus should be here today. Have this ROM downloaded. Do the themes on their webpage come with the ROM or are those separate downloads.
The web page is a bit outdated, some of them arent available anymore but just open the Toolbox and go to town!

When it confuses you, come here and let us know, get it ironed out for you!

Lots to do!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Sourcery Nexus: Hey, at least it's not crack!!!

Bean Picker The Jelly Bean Theme that is any color you want it to be!!

Droid Forums
XDA
Rootz Wiki
Team Sourcery Forums

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Question for Team Sourcery:

I've been enjoying JBSourcery for a while now - amazing ROM, and have also been looking at some of the theming options available via jrummy's Toolbox Pro. The question is this: if I were to use Toolbox Pro (I know it's not yours) to download and install images / icons / animations, would that "break" Sourcery's setup? I love Sourcery -- just wondering about doing some additional tweaks that are outside Sourcery's own sandbox and wanted to know if you could share any insight regarding any potential impact of experimenting like this.

thanks in advance!
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong View Post
Question for Team Sourcery:

I've been enjoying JBSourcery for a while now - amazing ROM, and have also been looking at some of the theming options available via jrummy's Toolbox Pro. The question is this: if I were to use Toolbox Pro (I know it's not yours) to download and install images / icons / animations, would that "break" Sourcery's setup? I love Sourcery -- just wondering about doing some additional tweaks that are outside Sourcery's own sandbox and wanted to know if you could share any insight regarding any potential impact of experimenting like this.

thanks in advance!
I have not looked at the toolbox in a while.. but if it modifies systemui or framework, then I would say yes it will break things

what is it your wanting to modify that isnt already available in our own tools?

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
I have not looked at the toolbox in a while.. but if it modifies systemui or framework, then I would say yes it will break things

what is it your wanting to modify that isnt already available in our own tools?
Thanks. Nothing urgent -- this ROM is superb, stable, slippery smooth, great with battery. I've played with some of the theming features and love tweaking items like the searchlight, pulldown animation, status bar icons and background -- all great. What I saw in Toolbox Pro was a fairly enormous choice of custom icon sets for signal strength, wifi, battery and 4G. When I selected one it put up a dialog box with a list of icons that would be replaced if I proceeded. No mention of systemui or framework - just icons. Seems harmless enough on the surface, except that I don't see a way yet to back up existing icons sets so I can revert if desired -- could do this via nandroid or dirty flashing on top of this, but it seems like overkill. More research....

BTW: if I haven't said it enough - this ROM is superb. After owning the toro GNex for 14 months I finally got a 3800 mah battery (Hyperion) for it along with a Seido extended Convert Combo case. This thing is a gorgeous beast now. Sourcery, Apex Pro with gorgeous after-market icons installed via Apex, Beautiful Widgets make this all run beautifully and look fantastic -- and last from 5:30 when I wake up until well into the next day -- with ALL features turned on and heavily used. Incredible -- I'd be hard pressed to let this go now for ANY other phone on the market today. This is excellent.
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

jpen
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Just curious if there was a way to get more than 3 contacts in the quick settings? would be cool to have a whole row of contacts.

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465
3 is the max... currently

tshelby73
Old
Thanks Meter 108
I'm trying to add a lockscreen target for putting my phone in silent or vibrate mode how would I do this?

jpen
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I'm trying to add a lockscreen target for putting my phone in silent or vibrate mode how would I do this?
You should be able to click on Magic Actions and they should be in there. I am flashing a ROM now so I am not exactly sure if that is what it is actually called but I believe so.

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465
from the lock screen target screen....

select Magic Actions and then you can choose ring/silent or ring/vib or ring/vib/silent option
The Following User Says Thank You to tdevaughn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tshelby73
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Finally found it under Activity/System UI/sourcery.RingVibToggle if anyone else needs to know.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
from the lock screen target screen....

select Magic Actions and then you can choose ring/silent or ring/vib or ring/vib/silent option
Guess that works too, Guess I went about it the wrong way but accomplished the same thing.