[ROM]JRO03O 4.1.1 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign + MODs

Search This thread

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
I have one issue. Some of my apps doesn't see the phone as having root. I tried reinstalling su binary and it fails doing a binary update. It says failed in getting root access Any suggestions?

Last edited:

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
Well, I'm getting silly battery life on this Rom + Franco's latest nightly. Pushing 13 hours, a hair over 2 hours on screen time, auto brightness on all the time, and a mix of 4g while our and about and Wi-Fi at home. 33 percent battery remaining, stock battery! Maybe big red finally naked it right. I'm a happy camper, thanks to you mwalt!

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Well, I'm getting silly battery life on this Rom + Franco's latest nightly. Pushing 13 hours, a hair over 2 hours on screen time, auto brightness on all the time, and a mix of 4g while our and about and Wi-Fi at home. 33 percent battery remaining, stock battery! Maybe big red finally naked it right. I'm a happy camper, thanks to you mwalt!

Lol, naked. Stupid Swype.

thoffland

Feb 27, 2011
Phoenix
Flashed this ROM last night, it's nice and smooth and I've had no problems. Flashed all the mods except the FB mod including the new radio and bootloader. Just flashed Francos 248 384GPU kernel and am going to see what happens. So far this is great! Thank you mwalt2!!!

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
This ROM, all of the mods posted, latest stable Trinity kernel, and the nav bar changes I made make for an awesome experience. Thanks again for this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

cferra

Jun 29, 2010
Anyone having issues with MMS over WiFi?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hill180

Feb 8, 2010
Finally,

I've said this before, only to find out hours later it didn't work.

This ROM is the only JB rom that doesn't have the Bluetooth search bug.

With the other roms, I click to search when I am on bluetooth, the first time (usually) it would time out and say retry. I am going to install Franco kernel now that I have been running stable for a while, and play with the nav mod someone suggested works.

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
Any program to turn the volume up? Volume+ doesn't seem to do anything

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Any program to turn the volume up? Volume+ doesn't seem to do anything

New kernel such as trinity has volume boost built in. The apps that allow you to modify the kernel settings has an to boost the volume.

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Custom kernels, such as trinity, have that option.

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I've got this ROM set up exactly how I like it (includes all mods from OP except Facebook one; Navbar has back, recent, home, search, menu buttons), but for the life of me can't get it odexed. I know it doesn't make much difference to odex, but I just want it that way.

After finding that the Modaco Odex Me app doesn't work and that Titanium's "Intergrate sys Dalvik into ROM" doesn't exactly have the desired effect, I am trying to use this method. Everything seems to go perfectly but my phone doesn’t reboot after the dexo script runs, and then if I reboot through adb it hangs indefinitely on the splash screen. I tried repeating about 10 times with the same results each time. I’m pretty sure I followed all the directions properly. If anyone has time to help, here is a nandroid of what I am trying to odex: http://as-nex.s3.amazonaws.com/2012-09-02.20.29.54.zip

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

DirgeExtinction

Sep 24, 2010
I had to flash back to IMM76K(4.0.4) and I'm currently rooted. Do I just flash this in CWM? I've always never been sure when it comes to flashing to a newer OS version.

dustrho

Sep 21, 2009
Oswego, IL
twitter.com
I bought the Franco kernel updater app last night, installed both the stable and then nightly kernels, and neither allow me to keep my underclocked setting after a reboot. Anyone able to underclock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new JRO03O stock rom for Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus from the leaked OTA from google's servers. It is stock other than being rooted (chainsdd), busybox, deodexed, zipaligned, and init.d support. You can flash it with any custom recovery and should probably wipe/factory reset to help ensure you won't have any problems. This is only the ROM and will not upgrade the radios. You can get the new radios and bootloader HERE.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

Goo.im DOWNLOAD
    MIRROR
    MD5: c842709dcd906451156dd0232778ce79
    Size: 231.32 MB

MODS:
    Extended Power Menu - CM style and Volume Track Skip
    - Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
    - Long press volume with screen off to skip track
    - Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    - Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

Native Tethering
    - Removes the native tethering check
    - Replaces /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    - Removes /system/app/SPG.apk
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

1% Circular Battery Mod
    -
    stat_sys_battery_60.png

- Replaces /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

Facebook Sync Mod
    - Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
    - Replaces /system/app/ContactsProvider.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    Instructions - Thanks craigacgomez said:
    - Remove you Facebook account
    - Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
    - Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
    - Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
    - Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
    - Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
    - If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
    - Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

Exchange Security No PIN
    - Removes secure pin requirements for exchange accounts
    - Replaces /system/app/EmailGoogle.apk and /system/app/Exchange2Google.apk
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR

Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod
    - Back-Home-Search softkey in the navigation bar
    - Long press Home for recent apps
    - Long press Search for voice search
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR

Circular 1% battery with Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod
    - Circular 1% battery from above
    - Back-Home-Search softkeys as above
    - DOWNLOAD
    - MIRROR
    I must say, this is smoother than any other JB ROM I've tried, and everything is fully functional. In past ROMs I've had issues with the Gallery not syncing with Picassa. That's no longer an issue.

Well... the Picasa sync issue will be present in most (if not all) AOSP based ROMs... the reason:
    1) The Picasa sync code is in the GalleryGoogle app
    2) It is not part of AOSP, so ROMs build from AOSP will have Gallery2.apk without Picasa sync
    3) Google merged the Camera & Gallery apps into one app with JB
    4) If you replace Gallery2.apk with a stock GalleryGoogle.apk in an AOSP ROM you will get Picasa sync, but you will lose any custom camera feature that ROM adds
    With all of these modification requests coming in, I wonder why people just don't flash something else. This is meant to be a stock-only type of ROM, with very little to no modifications done to it. If you want stock, flash this ROM. If you want so much more, go flash a beefier ROM that includes all the modifications your heart desires.
    Will Circular 1% battery mod from 1.5 rom work on this rom?
    I've got a version that was made with the SystemUI.apk from JRO03O up now in post 1. It flashes the charging pic for 2 seconds and then the percent pic for 2 seconds. I couldn't get the cool animation from the mrom 1.5 version working.

Anyone else having trouble with the power menu mod? I've flashed it twice and it doesn't seem to be working.

Also, does anyone have a working apk for HBO go? Market says it isn't supported for this android version and restoring from titanium doesn't seem to work.
    I've been using the power menu mod with no problems. Did you wipe data before installing the rom or just flash on top of what you had?

OK -- since you asked... I use the Back/Search/Home/Recent/Menu softkey mod. Also, the Exchange no-PIN mod.

The existing ones probably work (I'm running them now on your v1.5 ROM now). I'll try it after I load this one and report back.
    I'll work on getting those updated. Most of them are fairly minor edits.

@mwalt2, nice to see you still in action with stock, rooted builds... good job buddy!!
    heh, thanks. I'm just following your lead from when you posted the stock rooted version :).
    T9 dialer would make this the perfect ROM. Thanks for the update, I flashed this over your last release and it runs great so far.

T9 and the notification drawer power widget!