Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.3 - JSS15J

Tip us?

zetsumeikuro
Old
Thanks Meter 874
Thanks man!

mrich137
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Is the Google Now an apk file or is it integrated throughout multiple apks? Tried pulling a few apps that sounded like they may have to do with the search from the liquid vicious ROM that dropped last week but they didn't fix it.. anyone know if it is a certain apk in particular?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

eris72
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich137 View Post
Is the Google Now an apk file or is it integrated throughout multiple apks? Tried pulling a few apps that sounded like they may have to do with the search from the liquid vicious ROM that dropped last week but they didn't fix it.. anyone know if it is a certain apk in particular?

Velvet.apk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zdeer1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What about the GApps here? http://4ndr01d.com/gnex/jellybelly/ I read on a different page that the gapps-jb-20120704-proper.zip is the correct file.

mrich137
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris72 View Post
Velvet.apk

Well that was the right apk, but its not playing very nice. Got it to open up once but it keeps fc'ing. I tried wiping cache, dalvik, and fixing permissions but it didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdeer1 View Post
What about the GApps here? http://4ndr01d.com/gnex/jellybelly/ I read on a different page that the gapps-jb-20120704-proper.zip is the correct file.
Unless that link includes the velvet.apk then no. I flashed a zip with the same name but from a different link and it wasn't included. Play store and gmail etc is included however

imablackhat
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Is there duplicate camera apps? Do they fc?other rom built from source only saw had this issue. 4g and Verizon carrier come up on this?

mrich137
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by imablackhat View Post
Is there duplicate camera apps? Do they fc?other rom built from source only saw had this issue. 4g and Verizon carrier come up on this?

Now that you mention it, there are two camera apps and both fc upon open. 4G and carrier show up fine

imablackhat
Old
Thanks Meter 261
my story coming from vicious v3 no issues, everything fully working fine and great.

backedup, flashed this.

booted up, once through the step by step i instantly got a force close gallery, im like k cool story bro.

then noticed that google pulled out the talking feature in the search bar, probably because of apple if you've been following that.

i then proceeded to disable vibration on key press and enable key click, and noticed a horrible sound how someone or google changed it to something different and it sounds gross now..

then after this, i immediately rebooted into recovery and restored my nice backup.

i thank you for your effort for the release though.

stkiswr
Old
(Last edited by stkiswr; 10th July 2012 at 03:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 242
Anyone that can try this in system/app or just install and test. It should be the search we looking for. Worth trying at any rate
http://db.tt/rDdOJKo6

formula84
Old
Thanks Meter 390
@ OP maybe you could chat with Bigxie about his AOSP build, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3058

Maybe he has some tips on fixing camera/google now etc.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe