5,594,653 Members 33,198 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Current stage: Nightly] Official CM9 Thread

Tip us?

Aerocaptain
Old
(Last edited by Aerocaptain; 5th March 2012 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
I think its safe to say that the 0305 CM-9 release itself is the issue. Most with the acore process error have a pretty diverse Rom/Gapps/Kernel combo and flashing was done properly. I really don't see any common place. Guess for the people that have yet to update....................do a nandroid first!........or simply wait till the next nightly release.

Sent from GNexus w/CM-9 & franco.kernel

TemplesOfSyrinx
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Definately a nightly issue with this release.

Running CM9 nightly 0302 stock kernel with gapps ics 2120224. No problems.
Wiped cache and dalvik, flashed nightly 0305 with same gapps and I get the acore fc's.

Nandroid to 0302 for now.
Nexus 5 and Google Nexus 10

thefivetheory
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phydo View Post
I can't seem
to get the sync with existing contacts to work. Haven't tried full sync.

See above

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Same here. Facebook now gives me the sync menu and options, but "Sync with existing contacts" or whatever doesn't seem to actually do anything to my contacts. Maybe this'll work in future nightlies.

00McD00
Old
(Last edited by 00McD00; 5th March 2012 at 07:08 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1182

DONATE TO ME
Yes, there is definitely a problem with the release. Users on the RootzWiki thread are reporting the same thing. I think we can officially label the latest release with "DO NOT USE" lol.

Edit: Also, looks like they merged "quiet hours" into the sound settings for the latest release. I always liked that feature.

mcgoo99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00McD00 View Post
Yes, there is definitely a problem with the release. Users on the RootzWiki thread are reporting the same thing. I think we can officially label the latest release with "DO NOT USE" lol.
whew, i thought it was just me LOL. do we have to flash new gapps every time we flash a nightly, like we had to on winner00's kanged CM9?

also, i'm still on the 4.0.3 radio...anyone tried the 4.0.4 with CM9 3/2? which of those zip files do i need to flash?
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock

gonzlobo
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I haven't had to flash gapps nor nova 1.0.1 (I seriously doubt that's a cm9 feature though).
Samsung GN
CM10 Nightlies
Tasker
Doggcatcher

loveubuntu
Old
Thanks Meter 131
+1 on the "android.process.acore" issue here. I used it with Francos latest M1 kernel also and same thing. The 03022012 release is fine with francos.

swordrune10
Old
Thanks Meter 662

DONATE TO ME
idk bout current, but the build has been useless for a couple of days, and I haven't seen any code in review to fix it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
[SCRIPT][MULTILANG] Swordrune10's Android Kitchen
freenode at #Swordrune10Kitchen

mcgoo99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i've been on CM9 since the nightlies started, with franco kernel, and just installed BetterBatteryStats (XDA version). it seems handcent is causing tons of wakelocks and never letting my phone go to deep sleep. anyone else seeing this issue? a quick google shows others complaining of the same.

i'm going to uninstall and use the stock messaging app for the time being, see if that helps.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock
The Following User Says Thank You to mcgoo99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swordrune10
Old
(Last edited by swordrune10; 6th March 2012 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 662

DONATE TO ME
just built the rom and it doesn't do the "android.process.acore" issue anymore, i assume its because apparently the build was missing SpeechRecorder.. idk, all i know is after that got merged it works just fine.. i'm uploading it now to dropbox and ill drop a link here as soon as its done..

EDIT: done! i didnt put anything special in it, the only difference is that its up to date, it has all the proprietary files included, and that its labeled KANG instead of NIGHTLY..

EDIT2: now have my own thread for this, will continue to do this since i do it for myself everyday anyways.. xP [ROM] [NIGHTLY] CM9 "Stable" KANG 3/6/12

Link: update-cm-9-20120306-KANG-toro-signed.zip

md5sum: 0d85995f79fffebb585245f40de09a35
[SCRIPT][MULTILANG] Swordrune10's Android Kitchen
freenode at #Swordrune10Kitchen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swordrune10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod