[ROM][Current stage: Nightly] Official CM9 Thread

Search This thread

Aerocaptain

Sep 23, 2010
Cleveland
Got the same issue. I've been running the kejar 4.04 gapps. Will revert back to 0302 CM-9 release until the compatibility issue is resolved or when I have no choice but to wipe and reflash the newest 4.03 gapps.

Sent from GNexus w/CM-9 & franco.kernel

Javiggan69

Apr 20, 2010
Miami
Got the same issue. I've been running the kejar 4.04 gapps. Will revert back to 0302 CM-9 release until the compatibility issue is resolved or when I have no choice but to wipe and reflash the newest 4.03 gapps.

I am running CM9 20120305 with "[Gapps][XHDPI][HDPI][4.0.4] Kejar31 Gapps 02/06/12" through boot manager. I updated from the previous nightly with only wiping cache and I have no issues.

Aerocaptain

Sep 23, 2010
Cleveland
I am running CM9 20120305 with "[Gapps][XHDPI][HDPI][4.0.4] Kejar31 Gapps 02/06/12" through boot manager. I updated from the previous nightly with only wiping cache and I have no issues.

That's odd. I'm running Kejar 4.04 gapps from 2-5 with the issues......After flashing 0305 CM-9. (Cleared both cache before and after) Guess we'll figure out the issue after more flash the update.

Last edited:

Aerocaptain

Sep 23, 2010
Cleveland
Since certain people are having issue and others not so much. People that are having the acore process issues, please give current phone roms and mods so we can perhaps find the common denominator.

CM-9 0229 release
Kejar 4.04 gapps 0205
Franco.kernel Milestone 1 0304

Hilbe

Jan 26, 2010
Fishers, IN
acore combo:

CM9 0305
goo-inside.me gapps 0304
Lean Kernel 2.4.0exp1

non-acore combo:

CM9 0302
goo-inside.me gapps 0304
Lean Kernel 2.4.0exp1

Aerocaptain

Sep 23, 2010
Cleveland
I think its safe to say that the 0305 CM-9 release itself is the issue. Most with the acore process error have a pretty diverse Rom/Gapps/Kernel combo and flashing was done properly. I really don't see any common place. Guess for the people that have yet to update....................do a nandroid first!........or simply wait till the next nightly release.

Last edited:

TemplesOfSyrinx

Aug 30, 2010
Toms River, NJ
Definately a nightly issue with this release.

Running CM9 nightly 0302 stock kernel with gapps ics 2120224. No problems.
Wiped cache and dalvik, flashed nightly 0305 with same gapps and I get the acore fc's.

Nandroid to 0302 for now.

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
Yes, there is definitely a problem with the release. Users on the RootzWiki thread are reporting the same thing. I think we can officially label the latest release with "DO NOT USE" lol.

Edit: Also, looks like they merged "quiet hours" into the sound settings for the latest release. I always liked that feature.

Last edited:

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
Yes, there is definitely a problem with the release. Users on the RootzWiki thread are reporting the same thing. I think we can officially label the latest release with "DO NOT USE" lol.

whew, i thought it was just me LOL. do we have to flash new gapps every time we flash a nightly, like we had to on winner00's kanged CM9?

also, i'm still on the 4.0.3 radio...anyone tried the 4.0.4 with CM9 3/2? which of those zip files do i need to flash?

gonzlobo

Nov 29, 2010
I haven't had to flash gapps nor nova 1.0.1 (I seriously doubt that's a cm9 feature though).

loveubuntu

Nov 25, 2010
+1 on the "android.process.acore" issue here. I used it with Francos latest M1 kernel also and same thing. The 03022012 release is fine with francos.

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
i've been on CM9 since the nightlies started, with franco kernel, and just installed BetterBatteryStats (XDA version). it seems handcent is causing tons of wakelocks and never letting my phone go to deep sleep. anyone else seeing this issue? a quick google shows others complaining of the same.

i'm going to uninstall and use the stock messaging app for the time being, see if that helps.

Reactions: phydo

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
just built the rom and it doesn't do the "android.process.acore" issue anymore, i assume its because apparently the build was missing SpeechRecorder.. idk, all i know is after that got merged it works just fine.. i'm uploading it now to dropbox and ill drop a link here as soon as its done.. :cool:

EDIT: done! i didnt put anything special in it, the only difference is that its up to date, it has all the proprietary files included, and that its labeled KANG instead of NIGHTLY..

EDIT2: now have my own thread for this, will continue to do this since i do it for myself everyday anyways.. xP [ROM] [NIGHTLY] CM9 "Stable" KANG 3/6/12

Link: update-cm-9-20120306-KANG-toro-signed.zip

md5sum: 0d85995f79fffebb585245f40de09a35

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenlogo.png

I AM TAKING NO OWNERSHIP FOR ANY OF THE CURRENT CONTENT OF THIS THREAD, NOR AM I CLAIMING IT TO BE OF MY CREATION.

So, back in my Droid Incredible days we had a thread just like this which was hugely popular and enormously helpful and I decided to bring the same to the Galaxy Nexus. Essentially this thread will be a place to discuss anything and everything pertaining to the releases of CM9 and seeing as the first nightly was released today, I think this is a good time to start.

I will compile and keep updated all links including: nightly/stable releases, Gapps, kernels, and user created mods. This will be your "One Stop Shop" for all things CM9 related, whether you need the latest release or a battery mod to spruce things up.

NIGHTLY CHANGE LOG
    Merge change log can be found here
    BBQ Alternate change log
    Alternate change log

MOST CURRENT NIGHTLY RELEASE
    All Nightly Downloads - Toro
    All Release Candidate Downloads - Toro

MOST CURRENT RELEASE CANDIDATE
    -To be announced

MOST CURRENT STABLE RELEASE
    -To be announced

MOST CURRENT GAPPS
    Latest Official Gapps download
    -Obviously choose the one for 9.0.x

CM COMPATIBLE KERNELS
    *Please note that any kernel other than stock may cause loss of features, especially those related to color settings*
    -Franco's Kernel can be found here (reported working): LINK
    -Imoseyon's LeanKernel can be found here (reported working): LINK

THEMES AND MODS
    -Huge collection of CM9 theme manager themes: LINK
    I fixed tethering. I submitted it to gerrit now it just needs merged.
    Are you using juice defender or anything like that?

Naw man I just had the governor set to hotplugx and underclocked to 900 mhz lol it didnt lag so I stuck for it with a day and thats what I got. By far the best results I've ever gotten on my Nexus
    Added a link in the OP to a thread which has a huge collection of theme manager themes. Please give me a heads up if you find others I should add.