[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] Obsolete

Search This thread

angryPirate12

Jan 14, 2009
Canton, OH
latest version fully boots... calls, data, SMS all work, i plan on using it all weekend to test more thoroughly

good work, and thanks for another lovely ROM option!

angryPirate12

Jan 14, 2009
Canton, OH
Back/Front camera and video recording (tested 720p, 1080p) all working swimmingly, with few exceptions.

- While in camera app, the soft keys disappear so you can't exit out of the camera app unless you go into the gallery and regain the softy keys.
- Camera only works out of landscape (not a big deal to me, but nonetheless)

That's all i could find wrong with the camera

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
thanks man now i can sleep well, have fun with your hybrid mode :)

btw, cm9 uses that awesome feature auto-fullscreen. normally you drop out of it by tapping the screen. for that cam its different because tapping means setting focus. you get out of it by longpressing the powerbutton, menu comes up, press home and you're fine. its a little finnicky for the first time but its alright then.

h22man

May 19, 2010
Everything works perfectly just like your GSM rom :).. Congrats.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

h22man

May 19, 2010
I use LCD modder so the market isn't a problem for me.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
i'll include a marked hack in the next version. just not certain which one. can you test this for me? please check and download:

- catlog
- androzip
- imdb
- google plus
- total pool
- faster facebook

you can deinstall them afterwards or break the download. if i remember correctly lcd modder still had that error 940 issue.

Last edited:

h22man

May 19, 2010
i'll include a marked hack in the next version. just not certain which one. can you test this for me? please check and download:

- catlog
- androzip
- imdb
- google plus
- total pool
- faster facebook

you can deinstall them afterwards or break the download. if i remember correctly lcd modder still had that error 940 issue.

Tested.. all works good with LCD density modder 2.4.2.. I've attached screen shots to show that the play store shows all my downloaded apps and such.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335568734445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335568734445.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 766
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335568757482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335568757482.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 771
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335568792602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335568792602.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 761

tacosrdelicioso

Mar 23, 2011
Yeah the density mod looks awesome......idk how to do it
Edit: neverrmind I just did it. Coolest thing ever!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Such a beautiful rom!! latest version works very well. Has anyone found a way for the keyboard to revert back to phone style instead of tablet style? maybe a custom app?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Oh, it seems like all the ics keyboard ports on the Play store have the phone only style. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inputmethod.latin.ported

i try some stuff and see if i can force it to revert - if not, theres always ice cream sandwich keyboard from the marked waiting for you, that one's a perfect replica and works like a charm in hybridmode.

h22man

May 19, 2010
OK, someone explain to me what I need to do with the LCD Density Modder? :)

Download it from the market. Its 2.99 I think. Or you can find an apk of it somewhere online. Install it and follow the steps. And bam!!! Working market. Just make sure you use 2.4.2 modder apk or newer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
    Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate, to D4rKn3sSyShttp://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876, to me http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
    • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    • Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646034

paranoid_trouble.png

• ---

paranoid_credits.png

finally PARANOIDANDROID 1.2 is ready to go. it took alot of time to setup git, create a unified based shared by a growing number of devices. jesus wrote new cool apps like backup and OTA. jon made repos and overlays. i rewrote pad/pad-hybrid from scratch and wrote some nice trebuchet additions. 1.2 will introduce alot of new features and it'll be such a burden from my shoulders when this thing is out and hopyfully has few troubles.

things that do work
    LOCKSCREEN scaling and overall SYSTEM scaling (dialogs, toasts, etc.)
    error where app shows up in the wrong UI will be fixed
    complete rewrite of pad/pal - should be faster and better
    trebuchet changes (4x4 grid folder, background settings, tablet effects)
    tool to backup pad.prop
    new panel options

what doesnt:
    i still couldnt find out why facebook crops images.

and this will be an official build - we have a unified git base now. this is what took so long, it was HELLISH to set that up. jon can compile from that 100% clean cdma builds.
    ok guys, uploads in the making. 0.9 is coming.
    ok guys. sorry i was so scarce recently, i had alot of work to do. 1.1 is out for maguro and it brings tons of new features - but your rom will be compiled and maintained by jaybob413. this means someone who's got himself a cdma device will look over it, many of the troubles you've had will probably disappear (sms. carrier-label, etc.). because of this you need to endure a slight delay.

i advise you to wait, simply coz the surprise is bigger. but for those of you with technical inclinations i made you a small cooking receipe:

make a nandroid
    download cm9 nightly from 29-05
    download 0.9-TORO and 1.1-MAGURO
    open 0.9 with winrar or 7zip
    copy /system/build.prop from 0.9 into nightly
    copy /system/pad.prop from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/bootanimation.zip from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/app from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/framework from 1.1 into nightly
    reboot and cross fingers it'll reboot ---- with luck it will, if not, soon you'll have a real rom.

:)
    guys, next update will be the most revolutionary rom that EVER existed.

ALL tablet related issues are solved, the frontiers are gone. you can set launchers to mobile mode in tabmode and they will run like stock, no hack. you can run youtube in 3d in normal phonemode if you want. you are free to do whatever you want. next rom will give you the option to switch between phone and tablet mode.

im so happy about this, all this work, and we're finally there. there is officially no tablet mode anymore, it does not exist anymore. all whats left is hybrid mode and if that wont become the defacto standard in android i'll get an iphone and hope people over there will have more oversight. :D