No registration required

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (toro) [STABLE/WEEKLY]

OP kufikugel

4th November 2013, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 20,244

3,111 posts
Donate to Me

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
Last edited by kufikugel; 23rd June 2014 at 12:43 PM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to kufikugel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Themer

3,111 posts
Donate to Me
Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)
Last edited by kufikugel; 16th February 2014 at 09:23 PM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to kufikugel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 03:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Themer

3,111 posts
Donate to Me
Reporting Bugs

When you submit a bug you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise your developer might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

1. Make a nandroid backup.

2. Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system)
Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

3a. When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS etc. and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the homescreen.

3b. When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.
Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard.
Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet".
Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

4. Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

5. Post the logcat in a txt file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread.
Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.

6. Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (don't ask for ETAs).
Last edited by kufikugel; 3rd February 2014 at 03:31 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kufikugel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 03:26 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

108 posts
First. Also, Thanks!

Can this be home brewed?

EDIT: NVM
Last edited by Roladriz; 4th November 2013 at 04:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roladriz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 03:38 AM   |  #5  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 52

201 posts
More
Damn right. I'm on slimbean weekly now, gonna nandroid this bitch right now and shoot over to slimkat. THANKS!
4th November 2013, 04:08 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

196 posts
More
Is GPS working?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th November 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Themer

3,111 posts
Donate to Me
on maguro for 80% gps is working. There seems to be some user with GPS problems where we do not know why exactly...for most it works....on our team phones it works on all phones lol so:

Try to test it with GPSTest from playstore and if it does not work we need logcats
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kufikugel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 04:36 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 33

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola1989

Is GPS working?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufikugel

on maguro for 80% gps is working. There seems to be some user with GPS problems where we do not know why exactly...for most it works....on our team phones it works on all phones lol so:

Try to test it with GPSTest from playstore and if it does not work we need logcats

It appears to be working for me.

4th November 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kufikugel

GPS is spotty for me so far, sometimes it works other times it just sits there. Only tested in my house so far, will see how it works tomorrow out in other areas. Other than that, only the noted issues so far.
4th November 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #10  
Flag Green Bay, WI
Thanks Meter: 3,921

776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice work, glad to see yet another 4.4 ROM for the VZW Galaxy Nexus! I think we're even beating the GSM Galaxy Nexus now!! Haha.

The Following User Says Thank You to MWisBest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread