Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Twe@k3d_Jelly v4.21(4.1 buttery smooth)

Tip us?
 
stebomurkn420
Old
(Last edited by stebomurkn420; 9th July 2012 at 05:18 AM.)
#1  
stebomurkn420's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 493
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default [ROM] Twe@k3d_Jelly v4.21(4.1 buttery smooth)

To start off... i am in no way responsible if your phone explodes when flashing this file... So since the leak and port of 4.1(jellybean) to our beloved VZW nexus, I have been running and testing every combination of ROM/ kernel released. This ROM is my interpretation of an all in one fix for the problems everyone has been experiencing, GPS, boot loop, WiFi, etc... This ROM is definitely not for everyone, as I have addressed all the issues in experiencing a fully functional 4.1 operating system, I have also personalized it to MY liking in doing so. Lol. My deepest apologies in advance if you do give my ROM a shot and flash it, then want to punch me in the face for waisting your time. I will also note that I have included the latest build of faux's kernel (build 17), some people will not even attempt to flash this rom after stating that but OK here we go...

WORKS:
- 3g/4g
-wifi/ tether
-MMS
-Gapps(included in package)
-root
-busybox
-gps is on point
-i did also pack the ICS vs. Black theme
-search-back-home-recent-menu navigation bar ( one of those personalized things sorry )
-build.prop tweaks (mainly GPS and proximity settings )
-lockscreen shortcut (press menu, search icon is obsolete sorry)
-internal OPTIMIZATIONs :P

ISSUES:
reserved
-if you ever have bad experience on my ROM due to a corrupted flash, or you flash it, hate the personalization, say fu@& you stebomurkn420 and want something new immediately, these two option should make you a happy camper:
-flash back to stock http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1743939
-other ROMS/kernels to resort to and literally evreything jellybean... http://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com...elly-bean.html

CHANGELOG:
-shazam! Its there...

INSTALLATION:
-NANDROID BACKUP
-dirty flash this bi&#@
-make sure your coming from a 4.1 based ROM

Please be nice as this is my first ROM project... constructive criticism is much obliged!

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4nc0jjg3x...ly_v4.21.zip?m


ALT. KERNELS:
- stock http://db.tt/x4Rxbic8
- stock linaro http://db.tt/MbjhQBlA
- trinity http://db.tt/ERGLkZoi
- Franco builds http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G.../Jelly%20Bean/

Enjoy my version of jellybean!

EXTRA(S):
- semi stock nav bar... lol. http://db.tt/KgiJ1R6b
- this will give you the stock navigation bar and 1% battery increments... http://db.tt/AC56Jri2

SCREENSHOTS:






The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to stebomurkn420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vegetajin8
Old
(Last edited by vegetajin8; 5th July 2012 at 02:03 PM.)
#2  
vegetajin8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 297
Join Date: Jan 2011
I'll give this one a try .

Edit.... did the dirty flash and lost nav bar and drop down bar on vanirbean .

Sent from my PopCorn Flavored JellyBean'd GNex.
 
dadoc04
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 609
Posts: 3,124
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jax and The DMV

 
DONATE TO ME
thx for your work...
Phone: 1+1 running slimkat and mahdi with franco kernel
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) running SlimKat
add me on talk/hangouts.... dadoc04@gmail.com
 
jr313
Old
#4  
jr313's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Thank you for sharing your work with us. Its always good to have different flavors of JB.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Hello my name JR313 and im a FLASHAHOLIC..."A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something"
 
norm883
Old
#5  
norm883's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 199
Join Date: Dec 2005
Default Questions on ROM

1st I Thank You for your work.

On first install over TR4NSCEND ROM (that has a great file manager, better than astro - wish I knew the name) strange things happened! Cleared all before the install etc. The program started fine, great new boot screen! But the screen was at full (max size) lack of better words, with no way to go back to - no home keys (search-back-home-widgets-were not there? Had to shut down, and and reinstall. Now seems fine.

1. Best GPS in all that I have tried-actually got to work.
2. Says 2 themes - how do you change?
3. Explain how to use your Wifi / tether I usually install a apk to do that.
4. Battery seemed to fall fast from 100% to 36% in about an hour, however I was doing many installs etc and making the phone the way I like.
5. LauncherPro is my favorite and seems to work fine with the ROM.
6. YPlayer works great for all videos with the ROM.

Great work and seems to work the best for me so far.

norm883
 
stebomurkn420
Old
(Last edited by stebomurkn420; 5th July 2012 at 06:17 PM.)
#6  
stebomurkn420's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 493
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by norm883 View Post
1st I Thank You for your work.

On first install over TR4NSCEND ROM (that has a great file manager, better than astro - wish I knew the name) strange things happened! Cleared all before the install etc. The program started fine, great new boot screen! But the screen was at full (max size) lack of better words, with no way to go back to - no home keys (search-back-home-widgets-were not there? Had to shut down, and and reinstall. Now seems fine.

1. Best GPS in all that I have tried-actually got to work.
2. Says 2 themes - how do you change?
3. Explain how to use your Wifi / tether I usually install a apk to do that.
4. Battery seemed to fall fast from 100% to 36% in about an hour, however I was doing many installs etc and making the phone the way I like.
5. LauncherPro is my favorite and seems to work fine with the ROM.
6. YPlayer works great for all videos with the ROM.

Great work and seems to work the best for me so far.

norm883
Only one theme... its just called ICS vs. Black... as for the Nav bar and status bar pulldown.. wtf! Lol. Thats why I didn't release yesterday... thought I fixed it... just enable wifi/hotspot under setting.. it is built into the rom...

Galaxy Nexus/ Twe@k3d_Jelly v1.0/ Faux kernel
 
BlackHoleSlam
Old
#7  
BlackHoleSlam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 3,082
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
Thank you

by me, for me and I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
It's a phone not a tootsie pop
LG G2
Version: 4.4.2
ROM: Rooted Mahdi rom

Past phones:droid 1(sold),fascinate(sold),htc thunderbolt(traded), droid charge(sold), Galaxy nexus(sold),
Note 2(sold), Nexus 4 (sold), HTC one (sold)
 
stebomurkn420
Old
#8  
stebomurkn420's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 493
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam View Post
Thank you

by me, for me and I love you
i left the old download link up for peolpe still wanting to try this... i am in the process of compiling a new version adressing issues that ppl including myself have been experiencing... plz let me know if you have any problems
 
Dakota0206
Old
#9  
Dakota0206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 638
Posts: 1,038
Join Date: Sep 2011
Great job on this ROM! Looks good.

I hope you don't mind, I put a link to it on the ROM list on my everything Jelly Bean guide.

http://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com...elly-bean.html
-dakota0206
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakota0206 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vabeachfc3s
Old
#10  
vabeachfc3s's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 412
Posts: 2,723
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: virginia beach

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebomurkn420 View Post
To start off... i am in no way responsible if your phone explodes when flashing this file... So since the leak and port of 4.1(jellybean) to our beloved VZW nexus, I have been running and testing every combination of ROM/ kernel released. This ROM is my interpretation of an all in one fix for the problems everyone has been experiencing, GPS, boot loop, WiFi, etc... This ROM is definitely not for everyone, as I have addressed all the issues in experiencing a fully functional 4.1 operating system, I have also personalized it to MY liking in doing so. Lol. My deepest apologies in advance if you do give my ROM a shot and flash it, then want to punch me in the face for waisting your time. I will also note that I have included the latest build of faux's kernel (build 17), some people will not even attempt to flash this rom after stating that but OK here we go...

WORKS:
- 3g/4g
-wifi/ tether
-MMS
-Gapps(included in package)
-root
-busybox
-gps is on point
-i did also pack the ICS vs. Black theme
-search-back-home-recent-menu navigation bar ( one of those personalized things sorry )
-build.prop tweaks (mainly GPS and proximity settings )
- OPTIMIZATIONs :P

ISSUES:
reserved

CHANGELOG:
-shazam! Its there...

INSTALLATION:
-NANDROID BACKUP
-dirty flash this bi&#@
-make sure your coming from a 4.1 based ROM

Please be nice as this is my first ROM project... constructive criticism is much obliged!

DOWNLOAD: http://db.tt/Xva1MCFw

ALT. KERNELS:
- stock http://db.tt/x4Rxbic8
- stock linaro http://db.tt/MbjhQBlA
- trinity http://db.tt/ERGLkZoi

Enjoy my version of jellybean!
U think this is better than team liquid vicious v3?

Sent from my GneX....Oh you jelly bro?
87 Mazda RX-7 <3
94 Mazda M edition Miata

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes