Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Ubuntu Developer Preview (Toro port)

OP kdb424

21st February 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1,524

5,125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99

Any chance you can do this for the Nexus 7,grouper?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

The Nexus 7 should have its own build when they release the tablet version. I dont think thats too far from now.

EDIT: Actually, Ubuntu might already have it available for the Nexus 7. According to some news sites, it should have been available the same time as the phone OS.

Actually, I think installing on the N7 is the same method as the phones.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install
Last edited by jsgraphicart; 21st February 2013 at 09:36 PM.
21st February 2013, 09:29 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 160

336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_wolf

you have no idea how bad i wanna yell at you lol i was all happy than you edited lol after i was about to test it lol

Mai bad. I mean, data is enabled in all ways that I can enable it. As in once the GSM version supports data, this one will too if it makes you feel any better.
21st February 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #23  
Flag Marina
Thanks Meter: 168

600 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb424

Mai bad. I mean, data is enabled in all ways that I can enable it. As in once the GSM version supports data, this one will too if it makes you feel any better.

lol im picking on you but i themed my phone to look like the ubuntu phone os. so now that i saw it and felt it for myself i can theme it even better lol
21st February 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 6

109 posts
Re: [ROM] Ubuntu Developer Preview (Toro port)
Sorry I dont follow but does this rom have calls and text or not yet?

21st February 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #25  
Flag West Warwick, Rhode Island
Thanks Meter: 45

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb424

Added an exparimental zip. It SHOULD enable all radios fully. I haven't tested yet, but the same trick worked to bring 4.2.2 to our phone with radios, so I don't see why that won't work. Ubuntu is pretty andrloid compatible.

EDIT: No data as it won't have data on the GSM version. That's not because I messed up, it's because Ubuntu doesn't support it yet.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ReleaseNotes

Does this mean no phone calls or texts either?
21st February 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh

336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintlikesniper

Sorry I dont follow but does this rom have calls and text or not yet?

It SHOULD with that test zip. I haven't verified, though I put in the work that should be needed. It's not for "normal people" it's for developers. It's by no means ready to be used as a phone at all at this point (UbuntuOS on a phone as a whole, not just this port). If you want to try it out, it is limited, but it's enough for developers to get apps ready for the upcoming full release which I'll re-port back to our devices.
21st February 2013, 09:52 PM   |  #27  
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 97

746 posts
More
Phone and SMS work for the GSM Nexus. We ain't got nuthin!

EDIT: What test zip?

EDIT: Oh that test zip... Givin er a whirl.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I tried the toro test2 zip, it made things worse unfortunately :/

Calls and SMS don't work, at least outgoing, the buttons to call and send are like pushed in... Same with camera. It took about a minute for the phone to realize it was plugged in, and sound settings is showing nothing. Still have WiFi though!

Thanks for the effort, if you sorta teach me what you're doing and how you're tweaking, I'll help, I want to get into this stuff, just gone done with a hackintosh adventure, good stuff lol.
21st February 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 1,524

5,125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco2008

Calls and SMS don't work, at least outgoing, the buttons to call and send are like pushed in... Same with camera. It took about a minute for the phone to realize it was plugged in, and sound settings is showing nothing. Still have WiFi though!

Thanks for the effort, if you sorta teach me what you're doing and how you're tweaking, I'll help, I want to get into this stuff, just gone done with a hackintosh adventure, good stuff lol.

When you re-flashed, did you flash both the test zip and the "phablet" zip again or just the test zip?
21st February 2013, 09:59 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 32

71 posts
No Go
Flashed updated zip on GNex, No go. I got the phoen booted up.
But nothing after that. Notification bar won't pull down. I don't see anything on home screen
except a Circle with text 14 new tweets.
Oh well..
21st February 2013, 09:59 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh

336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco2008

Phone and SMS work for the GSM Nexus. We ain't got nuthin!

EDIT: What test zip?

EDIT: Oh that test zip... Givin er a whirl.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

That's unfortunate. Well, my method was to modify the /system/build.prop to add in the lines that we needed, and then to merge these files in http://ompldr.org/vaGpueQ/files4.2.2.zip

It worked for 4.2.2 to the toro, not sure why that didn't work. There are screenshots in there of where the files should go, minus the builh.prop tweaks. I used this in order to open and re-zip everything http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread