[ROM] [4.4.3] VanirAOSP [Official] [formerly ATOM] full-featured linaro+

Search This thread

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
This is the full release of my new ROM.

PLEASE READ:
This AOSP is not limited to CM, Vanir, CNA, EOS, AOKP etc. you get the best of all of them.. custom tailored for the galaxy nexus (and nexus 7 soon). no bloat for other devices or unusable additions in the source. the benefit? less bugs and a more optimized experience. More major features will be added from your favorite roms as soon as i can port and improve on them. I will listen to requests but don't get offended if i put them on the back-burner or decide against including them.

Disclaimer: Because I'm using building using commits from every major repo in existence it may take a while to integrate some of the major features to my standards. I may release a stock AOKP feature as a beta until I have the chance to improve it but I'm not interested in band-aid fixing things or duck taping **** together just to get more crap under the features list and change log. Also, If you have questions or interest in building or joining vanirAOSP please message me on gtalk: activethrasher00@gmail.com and feel free to add me on google+

here is a link to the parent thread where you can view previous change logs and perhaps find an answer to a question

general features:
vanir base: all features included, always the latest
customized-for-speed launcher2
optimized memory usage
full GCC 4.8 linaro tool chain with optimized cflags & -O3
current bug fixes and improvements from all major repos
additional features not present in vanir
attention to the details
custom UI theming
custom embedded beats 5.1 drivers
louder volume
multimedia enhancements
A-GPS enhancements
add removal
T5UNAMI_SHOCK speed script
improved performance settings
custom browser tweaks
fast torch
toggles, nav bar, yatta yatta
full Linaro optimizations (now following their gerrit)
optimized networking
quicker network tower connect on boot
better multi-tab browsing
major bloat removal
email and exchange available in add-on packs
LK

Issues:
if you experience graphic rendering issues force 2D rendering in GPU via development options. fixed for next build.

notes:
a lot of the features are hidden in the normal menus for a stock-ish look. look before you ask!

Instructions:
download rom
manually wipe (factory reset please unless you want issues)
flash rom
flash goo.IM or cm or whatever gapps
PROFIT

Downloads:

ROM server

4) Droidth3ory's old wallpaper collection for nostalgia purposes only (credit masteraven, droidth3ory, whoever else)

Credit: Team Vanir, CM, AOKP, Linaro, EOS, all contributors to gerrit and github, anyone who puts out ROMs since seeing them evolve got me interested in developing. Everybody that's helped me learn how to do this. TravP & team (and all themers alike) for all the theming examples he's provided. And especially those that donate and support developers.

If you enjoy my work please consider a donation to help me afford new devices to develop for. Donation link.

Last edited:

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Untitledscr33nz.jpg

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
view old change logs from 0.57beta to present here

v1.11 changelog:
fix for volumes not initializing after fresh install until the hardware keys are used (testing)
fix a bug in Mms when the phone goes to deep sleep before a notification event can occur
wifi improvements to kernel (sonicxml)
openssl C library compilation to use hard coded -fno-strict-aliasing to fix bugs in binary creation
more various aliasing violation and compiler warning fixes
new proprietaries included
update from google AOSP
themed signal bars to match fully connected "blue" signal bars
added CM's new file manager
added 4.2 camera, patched, etc
swapped stock keyboard for Hacker's Keyboard
minor theming changes throughout

smtom

Aug 26, 2010
Flashed this one today, see what it's like.
Will report back thoughts.

Reading the historic info on the ROM and the Dev, this sounds like it's supremely sound, technically - hence my wanting to try it.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Kind regards.

Edit - I searched through the parent thread provided - is there an alternate messaging apk you could provide that's not dark? I have a real hard time seeing the baked-in one - other than that, I may have found my new DD. Thanks again.

Last edited:

dayzrulz

Dec 7, 2007
Great rom PD thanks for the solid effort as always! Running like a raped ape!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

trini.s2k

Dec 31, 2011
charging up cant wait to get on this, he was the first hot JB rom with everything blacked out nicely

Edit-
ok charged up installed very nice and smoothe bloat free nice and dark and very snappy , would be worth the download and would run as daily driver , rocking this til his next update.....came from sorcery and Dark paranoid...dis rom is simple to the point heavy hitter

Last edited:
I have only had my GNex for a little over a week and have tried a different ROM everyday. This one by far is amazing. The ROM reminds me of the huge speed increase i noticed when i upgraded from my Fassy to the GNex. Kudo's to PD!

Sent from my Atomized Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treken

Nov 27, 2010
Houston
Rom seems very responsive. I have gotten a fc on gtalk and play store. I like lighter themes better so i installed a google theme from the themes section. After getting the fcs i uninstalled the theme to see if it helped. Still getting fcs. I'll clear cache in recovery and see if it helps. Btw, did a factory wipe prior to flashing rom.

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Rom seems very responsive. I have gotten a fc on gtalk and play store. I like lighter themes better so i installed a google theme from the themes section. After getting the fcs i uninstalled the theme to see if it helped. Still getting fcs. I'll clear cache in recovery and see if it helps. Btw, did a factory wipe prior to flashing rom.

thats a gapps issue not the rom. ill try a couple non inverted ones while i flash test builds and let you know which ones work

Reactions: Sheetzie03

u89taper

Jun 7, 2012
Wow! This ROM is insanely fast and seems to be quite stable.

I'm coming off of mmuzzys and vicious, both of which I liked, but this is a different animal.

PD, I mainly switched after reading the details of your change logs, quick implementation of Android 4.2 features and, more than anything, seeing the glowing praise of your return on the other forums.

I see myself sticking with your ATOM ROM for some time to come.

Thank you!

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
Wow! This ROM is insanely fast and seems to be quite stable.

I'm coming off of mmuzzys and vicious, both of which I liked, but this is a different animal.

PD, I mainly switched after reading the details of your change logs, quick implementation of Android 4.2 features and, more than anything, seeing the glowing praise of your return on the other forums.

I see myself sticking with your ATOM ROM for some time to come.

Thank you!

I couldn't have said it any better. This is a whole new speed demon of an animal. I am coming off linaro aokp and that was already pretty snappy. This might turn out to be my daily driver.

However, is there a way to customize navigation bar rings? Also, can I still quick reply a text if I don't choose ton respond as soon as I receive it, like in aokp? I am unable to find such a setting, if it does exist.

Thank you for the great development.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

47th_Ronin

Jan 17, 2012
Been using Atom since 0.57b when i stumbled upon kdh forum, (had heard DT was there) and been lurking for a long time. Guess i need to sign up lol.
This is quite simply the most well built rom I've ever come across, and i believe I've flashed them all for the gnex ( gotta have my crack flash fix! ) my addiction forces me to try the other roms/updates etc, but i always come back.
Thanks PD!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vince7

May 20, 2012
Wow this ROM is insanely fast the only thing is it didn't restore my apps but that's what titanium is for!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the full release of my new ROM.

PLEASE READ:
    This AOSP is not limited to CM, Vanir, CNA, EOS, AOKP etc. you get the best of all of them.. custom tailored for the galaxy nexus (and nexus 7 soon). no bloat for other devices or unusable additions in the source. the benefit? less bugs and a more optimized experience. More major features will be added from your favorite roms as soon as i can port and improve on them. I will listen to requests but don't get offended if i put them on the back-burner or decide against including them.

Disclaimer: Because I'm using building using commits from every major repo in existence it may take a while to integrate some of the major features to my standards. I may release a stock AOKP feature as a beta until I have the chance to improve it but I'm not interested in band-aid fixing things or duck taping **** together just to get more crap under the features list and change log. Also, If you have questions or interest in building or joining vanirAOSP please message me on gtalk: activethrasher00@gmail.com and feel free to add me on google+

here is a link to the parent thread where you can view previous change logs and perhaps find an answer to a question

general features:
    vanir base: all features included, always the latest
    customized-for-speed launcher2
    optimized memory usage
    full GCC 4.8 linaro tool chain with optimized cflags & -O3
    current bug fixes and improvements from all major repos
    additional features not present in vanir
    attention to the details
    custom UI theming
    custom embedded beats 5.1 drivers
    louder volume
    multimedia enhancements
    A-GPS enhancements
    add removal
    T5UNAMI_SHOCK speed script
    improved performance settings
    custom browser tweaks
    fast torch
    toggles, nav bar, yatta yatta
    full Linaro optimizations (now following their gerrit)
    optimized networking
    quicker network tower connect on boot
    better multi-tab browsing
    major bloat removal
    email and exchange available in add-on packs
    LK

Issues:
    if you experience graphic rendering issues force 2D rendering in GPU via development options. fixed for next build.

notes:
    a lot of the features are hidden in the normal menus for a stock-ish look. look before you ask!

Instructions:
    download rom
    manually wipe (factory reset please unless you want issues)
    flash rom
    flash goo.IM or cm or whatever gapps
    PROFIT

Downloads:

ROM server

4) Droidth3ory's old wallpaper collection for nostalgia purposes only (credit masteraven, droidth3ory, whoever else)

Credit: Team Vanir, CM, AOKP, Linaro, EOS, all contributors to gerrit and github, anyone who puts out ROMs since seeing them evolve got me interested in developing. Everybody that's helped me learn how to do this. TravP & team (and all themers alike) for all the theming examples he's provided. And especially those that donate and support developers.

If you enjoy my work please consider a donation to help me afford new devices to develop for. Donation link.
    V12 Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm and around
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    massive cleanup in settings.apk and systemUI
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    recents layout finished.
    returned back to monster CFLAG setup from v9.. ahh much better
    fixed up some confusing strings
    fixed autobrightness not storing the right value if you move the slider below the previously defined lowest limit
    removed a lot of dead/useless code
    fixed random soft keys showing up in lockscreen navbar
    fixed IME back key showing up in lockscreen if the keyboard is up
    added a sweet tits new icon to vanir actions
    removed statusbar clock .. but only when a clock widget was added
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    fixed GPS (thanks akellar)
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    running a 4.3 build on my N7 right now.

should have a public beta very soon.
    sorry about the lack of presence. my wifi card died and **** got crazy at work. there will be a new release when 4.3 settles and i get a chance to look things over