Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.3] VanirAOSP [Official] [formerly ATOM] full-featured linaro+

Tip us?

nitsua98
Old
Thanks Meter 941
Default Re: [rom][4.2.2] /// atom422 \\\ [v7] [02/20]

It was a joke
"We the unwilling led by the unqualified to kill the unfortunate die for the ungrateful."

PrimeDirective
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
Hey Prime. An app developer and I found a bug in your ROM that could use some attention if you're interested? It has to do with audio lib and how metadata extraction in openSL has been pretty buggy. It returns incorrect values for sample rate. Some of the media players that are currently working are reading off of mp3 tags and such. If it didn't have tags then no songs would be able to play on your ROM. Right now tags are being relied on and legacy decoder (from older software builds) are being used for playback. If you can fix OpenSL for correct values on sample rates then the legacy decoder wouldn't have to be used. Right now the sample rate is being read from mp3 tags and sample rate is 68. If OpenSL is fixed then we wouldn't have to worry about legacy decoder kicking in. Hope this makes sense.

perfect sense. that's great information man. i wish i had more users giving me info like this lol. right now we are tracking CM's frameworks/av which is where all that stuff is located. it may take me a bit of time to locate everything but i'll get to work on it. thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
perfect sense. that's great information man. i wish i had more users giving me info like this lol. right now we are tracking CM's frameworks/av which is where all that stuff is located. it may take me a bit of time to locate everything but i'll get to work on it. thanks again.
No problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602

Its too quiet in here for such a great underrated ROM.

PrimeDirective
Old
Thanks Meter 4103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
Its too quiet in here for such a great underrated ROM.

ha ha i take that as a sign there's no bugs? :P

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602

Quote:
Nope. I dug pretty deep into this ROM for any issues. Only 2 issues were that audioengine we discussed and the lack of a enable/disable log and having to edit 98SHOCK for the rm /dev/log/main to turn it on.

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2157

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
I don't think it's gonna be underrated for long... Coupled w/AK Pirate 704 this thing screeeeeeams! Perfect balance of customization and leanness IMHO... Great job PrimeDirective!

Sent from my bacon-wrapped Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE dipped in crazy sauwze via Tapatalk 2

PrimeDirective
Old
Thanks Meter 4103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_biker View Post
I don't think it's gonna be underrated for long... Coupled w/AK Pirate 704 this thing screeeeeeams! Perfect balance of customization and leanness IMHO... Great job PrimeDirective!

Sent from my bacon-wrapped Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE dipped in crazy sauwze via Tapatalk 2
Jim forked AK's source and vanirized a kernel from it for us. I'd like to see some teamwork with the AK guys and would be happy to accept them on board if they wanted to team up. i'd be glad to set up our gerrit to accept kernel changes. ultimately i wanted to borrow some build magic from CM and make it so if you lunch a device it will search for kernel source and automatically download it... then an extra flag will be added to the mka build command to give the option to build kernels from source instead of using a prebuilt. so like mka bacon -K -j8. super pimp build status.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrchambo
Old
Thanks Meter 378

Atom and AK. A match made in heaven!

Thanks to Prime and Anarkia!

MrC

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrchambo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drwedge
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Great job on the ROM! I've flashed 3 others last weekend before I got to this. Its been very stable and crazy smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app