Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP] Vicious-Toro V1- CM 10 kangs-- Discontinued

Tip us?

azr3alazd3ycum
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206 View Post
How is Franco's R210 kernel working for everyone?

http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G.../Jelly%20Bean/
when did it release because i am about to jump on it. im on 207 now
S5

dcyouknow
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Only glitch I seem to be running into is with MMS...I can't seem to receive them. It's weird.

Other than that, this is running pretty great so far!

hogowner
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I like this app so far for rebooting and other options.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ficationToggle

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

It's in the Play Store. It's not free but only $2. I haven't bought it yet...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bmVsLm5vdGUiXQ..
It has a setting for volume?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
ROOTED SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
THIS PHONE FLIES!!!!

techbeck
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Well, was not as easy as I hoped getting back to my ICS build. Nandroid restore kept giving me this error on all my backups.

"Error while restoring /data!"

So I had to go back to stock 4.0.4, reroot, and then restore my backups. PITA but could of been worse.

Anyone else having problems with restore, just follow this guide....

http://www.familytidings.com/blog/?p=897

Tablet - ASUS Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32gb - ROM: CM11

Tmooey
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgerbracht View Post
V1, su flash, Wi-Fi fix flash. Really enjoying jelly bean, have had a random reboot while playing a game, also rebooted manually once and it stuck at the Google unlock screen-had to battery pull and it came back up ok.
I did the same thing as you sofar, no random reboots, but my first reboot had me stuck on the google logo for almost 6-8 minutes. After that though it just went to the new boot screen. So maybe give it some time?

fordmanck
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by techbeck View Post
Well, was not as easy as I hoped getting back to my ICS build. Nandroid restore kept giving me this error on all my backups.

"Error while restoring /data!"

So I had to go back to stock 4.0.4, reroot, and then restore my backups. PITA but could of been worse.

Anyone else having problems with restore, just follow this guide....

http://www.familytidings.com/blog/?p=897
I've had a hell of a time too. I actually had the phone lock up and I had to pull the battery to shut it off. When it came back on it was looping. So I went to recovery and did an assortment of things but nothing worked, not even restoring to my ICS backup. After doing full wipes and system formats and reflashing the JB Rom it booted back up finally and all of my data was still there. I was using TWRP and I'm not sure if that's the problem but I went ahead and flashed CWM for this build. I was also having issues mounting the sdcard after the wipes, I would have to reboot the recovery to mount the sd to flash anything.
Verizon LG - G2
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: AICP 4.4.4

Nexus 7 - 1st Gen
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: CM11

azr3alazd3ycum
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyouknow View Post
Only glitch I seem to be running into is with MMS...I can't seem to receive them. It's weird.

Other than that, this is running pretty great so far!
if you want to try the mms app from aokp i put it in the themes thread here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1741152
S5
The Following User Says Thank You to azr3alazd3ycum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kimboinatl
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010gt View Post
The first time I flashed CWM Touch and erased data/cache/dalvik and installed zip over the 4.0.4 OTA. Did this twice.

After having major issues, I re-installed 4.0.2 from Google using fastboot bootloader commands to push each file separately, then booted and installed 4.0.4 OTA again. Flashed CWM touch, mounted and formatted system/data/cache/dalvik, installed v2 zip and stock JB kernel again. Still busted.
That's really weird. Does the MD5 of the V2 zip you have match up? And the stock kernel? Only suggestion I would have is to maybe check that, then try superwipe (I think it just does data/cache/dalvik but it may also wipe something you may have missed - can't hurt to try).

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206 View Post
How is Franco's R210 kernel working for everyone?

http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G.../Jelly%20Bean/
So far so good! Running it with V2. No choppiness.
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel, Xposed Framework

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln.

js0uth
Old
Thanks Meter 36
lovin jelly bean! installed without a problem. fast quick n smo0o0oth. and everything works. i can sacrifice the other mods and tweaks of roms for this....

opc3000
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimboinatl View Post
No camera as in it says "app not installed"? What happens? I got the "app not installed" when I clicked on the camera icon in my dock, but I was able to get to it in my app drawer. So I just deleted it from the dock and put it back in again.
Well, there's a camera icon on the lock screen, I look in the app drawer and there's no camera installed. After restoring to last backup, I backed up the camera on Titanium, clean installed 4.1 again, still no camera installed, no camera in the app drawer but still a camera icon on the lock screen. I've downloading 4.1v2 from xda as well as rootwiki, still no cigar.

Tags
4.1, 4.1.1, cm10, jelly bean, stable, verizon galaxy nexus
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe