I have created what is probably the first custom Android ROM that includes the files for Ubuntu internally, alongside the existing Android architecture. While this is not really a polished release, it has the ability to crash the phone, and requires some tweaking by devs and downloaders. However, for Galaxy Nexus owners (toro for now, soon to be other GNex devices also) this ROM (Rev 2) should boot up after removing one internal zip file. Go ahead to https://sites.google...site/andrevroot for the link about the project, and/or the bottom of this post for
Some things to note:
- Comment back what you think about this project, and ROM.
- Please keep all comments polite and on topic.
- Donate, via bitcoin if you like, as it helps support us, and help create better, more advanced ROMs.
- Please look through the whole site
- Don't try this ROM if you are new to custom ROMs, try Cyanogenmod ROMs first so you know what you are doing.
- I take no responsibility for screwing up your device in any way.
- This version is heavily based upon CM10, to the point where it should even say the General CM10 stuff under Settings>About Device. Please do not beat me up over this, it is just because I wanted to get a simple pre-release out there.
- This is licensed, please read the License agreement at the footer of my site, you are bound to its terms. Its Creative Commons, but still used.
- Thank You for your time, have a nice day.
- Above all, do not try to update the CM firmware, as you will lose the ubuntu files contained within!!!!!!
***Links to follow***