Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ubuntu for Android Custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

nitsua98
Old
Thanks Meter 941
Default Re: Ubuntu for Android Custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus

Trollolol
"We the unwilling led by the unqualified to kill the unfortunate die for the ungrateful."

russphil
Old
(Last edited by russphil; 23rd February 2013 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619 View Post
Where's the link??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Here's the link to his site which has download links to his Revisions 1 and 2. I've downloaded both and haven't had any luck getting them to flash and his website isn't very clear with instructions on how you're supposed to do so.

EDIT: It seems that he updated the link as I was typing my post. The link to revision 2 is no longer there, and the first revision is hosted on a different site. I'm going to download it and flash it and see if I have any luck.

EDIT2: No dice Jim Rice
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to russphil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndrevRoot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by withbloodskies View Post
Holy cow, dude this was awesome. I mean... me and this thing clicked instantly. As soon as it booted within 5-10 seconds I got through the lockscreen and then just started dozing through all the apps and swiping. It is a bit slow, not in particular though, probably as slow as Miui. This is just a dev preview, imagine the real thing and I didn't lose to much battery life within the span of 20 minutes. I wanted to keep this on my phone just to test but I couldn't. I'm just waiting for the real thing
So you tried out the ROM, how well did it work for you? Did you like it, what do you want to see changed? I am trying right now to put together a hacked SlimBean version, which is much faster and better to use. Did the Ubuntu side work?
-Andrevroot

AndrevRoot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by russphil View Post
Here's the link to his site which has download links to his Revisions 1 and 2. I've downloaded both and haven't had any luck getting them to flash and his website isn't very clear with instructions on how you're supposed to do so.

EDIT: It seems that he updated the link as I was typing my post. The link to revision 2 is no longer there, and the first revision is hosted on a different site. I'm going to download it and flash it and see if I have any luck.

EDIT2: No dice Jim Rice
I'll post a SlimBean version soon, which is better and faster. Should work.
-Andrevroot
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrevRoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

santque
Old
(Last edited by santque; 24th February 2013 at 09:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18

Does anyone have a working link?

Edit: found it

Esteway.619
Old
Thanks Meter 1,342

Can u post a what's working and not working in the op so no one will ask latter. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Tags
galaxy, galaxy nexus, nexus, ubuntu, ubuntu for android