Ask a question

No registration required

Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 IMM76K now available

OP spectrumfox

3rd May 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,809 posts
More
With this update, can any 4.0.4 rom be flashed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
3rd May 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 663

1,615 posts
More
Thumbs up Success!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdog

The error complains about the file /system/build.prop. Can anyone post the original build.prop file from 4.0.2? I don't it can't be as simple as replacing this file but who knows.

Here is my build.prop:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=ICL53F
ro.build.display.id=ICL53F
ro.build.version.incremental=235179
ro.build.version.sdk=14
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.2
ro.build.date=Thu Dec 8 01:28:56 UTC 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1323307736
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=android-build
ro.build.host=vpbs6.mtv.corp.google.com
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=mysid
ro.product.device=toro
ro.product.board=tuna
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap4
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=toro
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=mysid-user 4.0.2 ICL53F 235179 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/mysid/toro:4.0.2/ICL53F/235179:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for toro
#

rild.libpath=/vendor/lib/libsec-ril_lte.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttys0
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1

# Ril sends only one RIL_UNSOL_CALL_RING, so set call_ring.multiple to false
ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=0

# Turn on IMS by default
persist.radio.imsregrequired=1
persist.radio.imsallowmtsms=1

# Default ecclist
ro.ril.ecclist=112,911,#911,*911

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-verizon
ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon
ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
ro.cdma.data_retry_config=default_randomization=20 00,0,0,120000,180000,540000,960000
ro.gsm.data_retry_config=max_retries=infinite,defa ult_randomization=2000,0,0,80000,125000,485000,905 000
ro.gsm.2nd_data_retry_config=max_retries=infinite, default_randomization=2000,0,0,80000,125000,485000 ,905000
ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
ro.opengles.version=131072
ro.sf.lcd_density=320
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.config.ringtone=Girtab.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=Proxima.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Cesium.ogg
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.google.android.f eedback
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
drm.service.enabled=true
camera.flash_off=0
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

I wish I had an answer for you -- but your post was the clue I need to resolve my issue with the "status 7" error. The failed assert in my case pointed to boot.prop (as it sounds like yours did)... So I started to compare your posted boot.prop to the one on my device...and I found 3 extra lines at the bottom of mine -- one blank, and 2 installed by Volume+ : as I recall this is an experimental feature to increase the number of volume steps available to control in-call volume.

Anyway -- I mounted the system directories, edited the file and deleted the last 3 lines, saved, and tried the update again -- and this time it worked perfectly!!! Took a few minutes in CWM, returned to the menu that allowed me to reboot the phone, and then there was another step once I was back in Android (something like optimizing apps, repeated for all the installed apps -- I didn't pay very close attention). After that, it came back to the normal home screen, and checking "about" shows me on 4.0.4, build IMM76K. Sweet!

I'll try it out tomorrow to see how reception and battery life seem. Thanks to everyone here for info, support, tools, advice -- most truly appreciated!

BTW: Last thought -- you might try pulling build.prop out of the zip and comparing it to the one on your phone (put both on PC and use a compare utility, or print out and compare line by line). If there's a difference, you'll have a clue about what's causing the assert to fail and the status 7 error to occur, aborting the update.

AND: for anyone else getting a Status 7 with an assert error: assuming it shows you a file name, it appears to be stating the the named file on your device doesn't match the corresponding file in your update zip. (not the only reason for a Status 7, but it IS the reason for a Status 7 coming from an assert error). Look at the named file, compare to the one in the zip, and I'll bet you'll see a clue regarding what's wrong. Only thought though -- if the one on your device is different, it really may indicate something else on the device doesn't match the patch file -- don't just assume you can replace the file because it's different -- but if the reason is obvious (as mine turned out to be), you might be able to fix it this way as I did. Otherwise -- do as suggested earlier in the thread: reflash an official stock image (see URL early in the thread) that is intended to be the base to which your intended patch update applies.
3rd May 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 29

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong

[snip]...and then there was another step once I was back in Android (something like optimizing apps, repeated for all the installed apps -- I didn't pay very close attention).

Since I've seen this a couple of times while reading this thread I thought I'd mention that this is ICS' way of telling you it's rebuilding the Dalvik Cache. Same thing happened in Honeycomb, but there was no message, just a MUCH longer boot time while the rebuild took place.

And as long as I'm typing, I noticed a bunch of "what's changed between the leaked 4.0.4 from a couple of months ago and this one" questions. I haven't installed IMM76K yet, (wish I was home now; I won't update my GN while I'm working on the road), but I did read a message from someone that has updated to IMM76K saying that Google finally fixed the NFC formatting problem (yea!).
3rd May 2012, 09:25 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 107

333 posts
Donate to Me
Ok my Gnexs is already running CM9/unlocked.. But my wifes is still stock 4.0.2/locked, But rooted and CMW recovery. I've already installed the Radios but would like to bring her system to 4.0.4, My question is. Can i install this from her CWM recovery being that she does have it locked? Also unlocking is no option for her..(evil glares from wife ). Thanks guys
3rd May 2012, 10:05 AM   |  #145  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker22004

Ok my Gnexs is already running CM9/unlocked.. But my wifes is still stock 4.0.2/locked, But rooted and CMW recovery. I've already installed the Radios but would like to bring her system to 4.0.4, My question is. Can i install this from her CWM recovery being that she does have it locked? Also unlocking is no option for her..(evil glares from wife ). Thanks guys

If she already has CMW recovery, then yes you can install this 4.0.4 update. Simply put the ZIP file onto the root of /sdcard , rename it to update.zip, then boot into CMW and apply the update.

Keep in mind though, there's talk of this update maybe not being the "OFFICIAL" update that gets pushed out to everyone. If it ends up not being the official update, then her phone will be stuck off the OTA upgrade path and won't receive or be able to flash any future updates. In which case, you would need to flash and wipe the phone back down to 4.0.2 in order to be put back on the OTA path.
3rd May 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #146  
Thanks Meter: 107

333 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for the response... if it's not the OTA that's fine. Just don't wanna have to unlock for this one.
3rd May 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #147  
OP Senior Member

524 posts
After using my phone like I normally would for a day, I'm finding battery life to be slightly better than 4.0.2, but also slightly worse than the 4.0.4 build that was leaked earlier this year.

I have a Seidio 3800mAh extended battery w/ NFC and I'm finding that with the leaked 4.0.4 build that was leaked earlier this year, I was easily able to get from approx 7:20a to 7:00pm without the battery meter dipping into orange.

But with the 4.0.4 build that was released this week, I'm into the orange zone before 6:30pm.

I'm doing to perform the same test today to see if I get the same results, but I'm thinking there may be a reason why they halted the OTA on this one.
3rd May 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #148  
Thanks Meter: 160

544 posts
I dont have a VNexus but my brother does, a quick search brought me the list of changes.

Changes in 4.04

Noticeably Faster
Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don't even notice it changing.
Improved signal strength
New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom.
PRIMELA03 Bootloader
Faster boot up time
Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
Holding down camera button now refocuses again
Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
Autorotate is faster
Browser performance noticeably improved
Recent apps list opens faster
Miscellaneous camera UI changes
Increased volume
Keyboard fixes
Updated News & Weather app UI
Improved quick controls in browser. New when coming from 4.0.2. Present in 4.0.3
The Following User Says Thank You to littlewierdo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 12:07 AM   |  #149  
Thanks Meter: 440

341 posts
More
Nice update. I'm just curious if this will turn out to be "official" or if it will push me off the OTA upgrade path to which I'll need to flash stock to upgrade.

4th May 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #150  
OP Senior Member

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segv11

Nice update. I'm just curious if this will turn out to be "official" or if it will push me off the OTA upgrade path to which I'll need to flash stock to upgrade.

I'm willing to bet this will not be the official 4.0.4 OTA as the battery life isn't as good as prior leaks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread