XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 IMM76K now available

Tip us?

ajftl
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood1 View Post
Absolutely no signal strength improvement!!!!! Atlease for me. My droid Bionic gets a full signal and my galaxy Nexus barely holds a 3G signal.

My Fault I guess.... I fell for Samsung Specs over Samsung Quality. In my Eyes MOTOROLA is still the king of Android Quality and Build
Motorola? Nope! Thunderbolt have best lte signal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
i just rooted my tf today and im not really liking super user, is there a way to unroot?

gs2/htc amaze/htc bolt/nexus s/nexus one and pic was taken with a FOCUS lol
NOKIA N9 arriving soon this week.. can't wait

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumfox View Post
The pending 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 update that we keep getting leaked OTA's for.

It's coming. Don't know when though.
It will probably drop right after I replace this phone with something with more reliable signal strength and less likelihood of spontaneous reboots.

spectrumfox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
It will probably drop right after I replace this phone with something with more reliable signal strength and less likelihood of spontaneous reboots.
That's how it usually works with technology.

My honest advice is to be patient. All the fixes will come. You might want to try a nightly of Cyanogenmod 9 in the meantime. None of their builds have the rebooting issue.

Also, there are later radios that you can flash your phone with to improve its signal strength as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to spectrumfox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
Maybe not typical...but I've had my VzW Galaxy Nexus since mid December, signal strength has really never been a problem... I WAS getting spontaneous reboots occasionally with 4.0.2, but it's been rock solid since I installed 4.0.4 from the recent VzW leak - not a single spontaneous reboot.

Not to get TOO far off topic.. Have to say I'm enjoying this phone more than ever these days -- Apex Pro launcher, HDR+ and Camera Zoom FX, Flipboard, Currents, Pulse, News Republic, Flixster and Movie Night Out and IMDB, Swype (beta), Sound Hound, Google Nav, QuickPic, etc. WiFi has been great, no signal drops...just very nice all the way around.
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate
The Following User Says Thank You to jonstrong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
That's how it usually works with technology.

My honest advice is to be patient. All the fixes will come. You might want to try a nightly of Cyanogenmod 9 in the meantime. None of their builds have the rebooting issue.

Also, there are later radios that you can flash your phone with to improve its signal strength as well.
The reboots are, thankfully, not rampant. But the signal loss is pretty bad. And I have tried every leak out there, and AFAIK the rom has nothing to do with signal drop outs.

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 254
well im hoping i didn't just void my warranty and or shoot myself in the foot. im on the latest ota radios but have been having serious signal issues since i received my device from verizon. i called tech support and they are investigating the towers in my area. i never drop below -100 while my wife's fascinate always has -83. she asked what version of android im and i told her. she claims i should be on 4.0.2 so i screwed up. i told her an ota was pushed to my device "yes i was lying" and that i read online some people received it while others did not. she advised me that she was unaware of any ota being pushed yet and asked if i was jailbroken, i said no.

im also reading that the latest version might not be the one being pushed to our devices. last rumor has tomorrow as the official ota.

my question is can verizon see if i got an ota or not? damn im such an idiot.

masully84
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood1 View Post
Absolutely no signal strength improvement!!!!! Atlease for me. My droid Bionic gets a full signal and my galaxy Nexus barely holds a 3G signal.

My Fault I guess.... I fell for Samsung Specs over Samsung Quality. In my Eyes MOTOROLA is still the king of Android Quality and Build
If you like locked bootloaders than yes Motorola is king lol

spectrumfox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this! View Post
well im hoping i didn't just void my warranty and or shoot myself in the foot. im on the latest ota radios but have been having serious signal issues since i received my device from verizon. i called tech support and they are investigating the towers in my area. i never drop below -100 while my wife's fascinate always has -83. she asked what version of android im and i told her. she claims i should be on 4.0.2 so i screwed up. i told her an ota was pushed to my device "yes i was lying" and that i read online some people received it while others did not. she advised me that she was unaware of any ota being pushed yet and asked if i was jailbroken, i said no.

im also reading that the latest version might not be the one being pushed to our devices. last rumor has tomorrow as the official ota.

my question is can verizon see if i got an ota or not? damn im such an idiot.
You can't compare the radio signal strength in the Galaxy Nexus to another LTE phone because they report signal strength differently. If you are getting bars and data, then you're fine. You don't need to concern yourself with anything else.

As far as OTA, I'm sure Verizon engineers can see what version you are running. If you have upgraded to a leaked 4.0.4 that doesn't end up being the final version pushed out to everyone, then you are off the OTA track and will not be receiving the update.

The good news is, you can always restore your phone to stock 4.0.2 using threads found in this forum. That will restore your phone back to the OTA track so you will receive the official update.

spectrumfox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by masully84 View Post
If you like locked bootloaders than yes Motorola is king lol
That seems to be all Motorola is good for lately... bloated UI's and locked bootloaders. Seems like they're more a Jester than a King.

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
You can't compare the radio signal strength in the Galaxy Nexus to another LTE phone because they report signal strength differently. If you are getting bars and data, then you're fine. You don't need to concern yourself with anything else.

As far as OTA, I'm sure Verizon engineers can see what version you are running. If you have upgraded to a leaked 4.0.4 that doesn't end up being the final version pushed out to everyone, then you are off the OTA track and will not be receiving the update.

The good news is, you can always restore your phone to stock 4.0.2 using threads found in this forum. That will restore your phone back to the OTA track so you will receive the official update.

i have no need to go back to stock unless i ship my device back in. if and when we get the ota all i need is the new bootloader & radios. the problem is i gave verizon my android version which was the leaked 4.0.4 that i thought was the ota.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

i wouldn't say all samsung devices have bad signal because my wife's fascinate gets -83 consistently while im stuck at -100 or above.

The Following User Says Thank You to fix-this! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]