-1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 (for models like N8010 or N8013 may work also)
-2. Root access required (For those doesn't know how to root, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv8440QhHsw this guide will help you)
-3. [root] Mobile ODIN Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odin.pro&hl=en
-4. Note 10.1 GT-N8000 ANDROID 4.1.2 Jellybean Firmware http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=gt-n8000 (If you're having N8010: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=gt-n8010 If you're having N8013: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N8013 ) Make sure to find your own country's firmware
-Notebook or PC
Let's Get Started
It is very good to hear that Samsung had published a new firmware update for Note 10.1, that is the newest Android version (KitKat 4.4.2 update), but it is also very annoying that all the functions we usually used are gone (Example: Screenshot button, S Pen Shortcut Toolbar, Multi Window and so on). It also became very laggy (don't know whether you experience such problem) and can't even multitask anymore. Some of you might not experience that because it depends on how you uses the tablet, but some of you may be regretting why did u update your device......you might searching for a guide to downgrade it..... And you found this post!
I'm not responsible if you bricked your device or making your device even worse using this tutorial! If you don't think that you are experiencing any problem or actually you liked Android KITKAT more than JELLYBEAN, you have the rights not to downgrade it, I am not forcing you to downgrade your device, its your own choice. Also, YOU ARE TAKING YOUR OWN RISK TO DO THIS BECAUSE YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOID!
1. Make sure your device is ROOTED.
2. Backup all your important data and all your apps, you may use Helium Backup for Android
3. Make sure you have [root] Mobile ODIN Pro installed on your device.
4. Make sure you downloaded the Android 4.1.2 firmware into your device's sd card or internal storage, or download it using PC and transfer to your device.
1. Launch [root] Mobile ODIN Pro.
2. Grand access with superuser.
3. Mobile Odin Pro requires an add on, so DOWNLOAD IT.
4. Select "Open File... (Open file to archive .tar, .tar.md5, and separate files supported)"
5. Locate to where you downloaded your 4.1.2 firmware.
6. Everything will be automatically done, now just TICK the Wipe date and cache, TICK the Wipe Dalvik cache (as shown in the picture below)
7. Click Flash firmware (please keep in mind your device will factory reset it)
8. Wait for some time and it should be revert back to your BELOVED ANDROID 4.1.2 JELLYBEAN SYSTEM!
It's that easy, only the time matters. So this is how I Downgrade it (Again SUPER THANKS TO http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4707707 MR. ERIC-MOD, without his help, I wouldn't have my device getting downgraded).
This thread shows how he helped me out http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-to-4-t2807106
Hope you guys enjoy this~ If you have any question, or you find that I am wrong, reply me to let me know so that i can update the details~
If I've helped you, please give me a "Thanks" by pressing 'thanks button', or saying thanks to Eric-Mod
Q: Can I use Odin PC version?
A: Sorry, you can't. It might end up soft breaking your device.
Q: Can I downgrade my device to android 4.1.2 with a custom android 4.4.2 rom?
A: It's better not to downgrade using this method as it is used for downgrading from Samsung Official android 4.4.2 firmware to android 4.1.2 firmware, not a custom android 4.4.2 firmware.But...you can still try it if you want to take the risk. (AUG, 3rd, 2014, Tested by a junior member 'johnattas' from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5092748 , was told that downgrading from a custom rom using this method was a success. More info on page 3, you can find it yourself)
Note: I will keep updating this thread for more detailed tutorial.