Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy Note 10.1 slow WifI link

OP mpearson1968

4th July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hi Everyone,

I seem to be having a real problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 wifi link speed.

I have 3 of these tablets connected to my router.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone connected.

The WiFi link speed on the phone is 433 Mbps but none of the tablets will connect above 150 Mbps

All devices are connected via 5Ghz. When I had 2.4Ghz switched on the tablets wouldn't connect above 72 Mbs.

So can anyone please tell me what I need to do to get the speed on that tablets up to similar to tge phone please.

Many Thanks

MP
Last edited by mpearson1968; 4th July 2014 at 04:58 PM.
4th July 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 379
 
1,639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
You're limited by the capabilities of the tablet, not the network. Unfortunately our tablets are old technology so of course your newer s4 connects with better speeds.
The Following User Says Thank You to pre4speed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

You're limited by the capabilities of the tablet, not the network. Unfortunately our tablets are old technology so of course your newer s4 connects with better speeds.

So is 150 Mbps the fastest I can expect to get?

If so maybe that's the excuse I need to upgrade to the new Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Cheers
4th July 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #4  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 379
 
1,639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpearson1968

So is 150 Mbps the fastest I can expect to get?

If so maybe that's the excuse I need to upgrade to the new Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Cheers

I can't answer to that, I don't have near those speeds. What service do you have? I'm at 22 here with stupid Time Warner.
5th July 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

I can't answer to that, I don't have near those speeds. What service do you have? I'm at 22 here with stupid Time Warner.

I'm in the UK on the British Telecom Fibre Optic Service.
5th July 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 379
 
1,639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpearson1968

I'm in the UK on the British Telecom Fibre Optic Service.

I knew there was more than one reason I want to move "across the pond" 😁
5th July 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

I knew there was more than one reason I want to move "across the pond" 😁

Now that's interesting. I have always wanted to live on your side of the water. LOL
6th July 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #8  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 379
 
1,639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpearson1968

Now that's interesting. I have always wanted to live on your side of the water. LOL

Uh oh this could turn highly political on my part. Lets just say you DONT want to live in the US under its current (mis) "management". On the topic of your speed, I haven't found a limit at my current speeds on any of my devices: s3, note 10.1 og, n7 lte, skyrocket, note 2. Only because the most they can get is the 22mbps that is provided me. I'd take your 150 if we even had those speeds offered around here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank