ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Hard Bricked Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 Tablet:Unable to boot to Download Mode

OP jobshk7

19th August 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 Tablet.
Im unable to boot to download mode and go to screen with the green android to access Odin.
I press and hold the power and volume up button at the same time and its warns me to press the Volume Up button in the warning screen but after I press the volume up button, it boots to the Samsung Logo rather than the green android screen for Download Mode.
I believe the tablet hard bricked because it won't boot to the home screen.
I purchased a usb jig for my S4, S5 cell phones but unable to usb jig the GT-N8013 tablet because the charging port is a lot bigger than the usb jig for S4 cell phones.
I would know what have to or purchase in order to access download mode to restore the tablet to stock using Odin.
If the tablet is not able to restore to stock using Odin, what other methods are there?
Please let me know all the solutions to this problem. Thanks.
19th August 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 579

1,082 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobshk7

Hello
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 Tablet.
Im unable to boot to download mode and go to screen with the green android to access Odin.
I press and hold the power and volume up button at the same time and its warns me to press the Volume Up button in the warning screen but after I press the volume up button, it boots to the Samsung Logo rather than the green android screen for Download Mode.
I believe the tablet hard bricked because it won't boot to the home screen.
I purchased a usb jig for my S4, S5 cell phones but unable to usb jig the GT-N8013 tablet because the charging port is a lot bigger than the usb jig for S4 cell phones.
I would know what have to or purchase in order to access download mode to restore the tablet to stock using Odin.
If the tablet is not able to restore to stock using Odin, what other methods are there?
Please let me know all the solutions to this problem. Thanks.

Are you sure your pressing the volume up button and not the down button? can you access recovery?
20th August 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by filchi756

Are you sure your pressing the volume up button and not the down button? can you access recovery?

Hello
Yes. I was holding the volume up and not the down button but it went to the warning screen and straight to the samsung logo rather than the green android.
20th August 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #4  

1,082 posts
Quote:

Hello
Yes. I was holding the volume up and not the down button but it went to the warning screen and straight to the samsung logo rather than the green android.

I'm just asking, I thought pressing power and volume down button together, then volume up button goes to download mode(odin).While pressing power and volume up together goes to recovery.By the way the volume down button is near the power button.
Last edited by filchi756; 20th August 2014 at 05:01 AM.
20th August 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

I'm just asking, I thought pressing power and volume down button together, then volume up button goes to download mode(odin).While pressing power and volume up together goes to recovery.By the way the volume down button is near the power button.

I pressed both buttons (volume up and volume down) with the power button but the green android is still not showing up. All it's doing is going to the Samsung logo and then Samsung logo just sits there.
20th August 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #6  

1,082 posts
Quote:

I pressed both buttons (volume up and volume down) with the power button but the green android is still not showing up. All it's doing is going to the Samsung logo and then Samsung logo just sits there.

Don't press both the volume button at the same. Press power and volume down(the one beside the power button) together ,then when the screen goes with a Warning!! (were it ask you to select volume up: continue or volume down: cancel(restart phone) ).Press the volume up button( the one far away from the power button.You're tablet now goes to download mode. Is that the step you do?
20th August 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Don't press both the volume button at the same. Press power and volume down(the one beside the power button) together ,then when the screen goes with a Warning!! (were it ask you to select volume up: continue or volume down: cancel(restart phone) ).Press the volume up button( the one far away from the power button.You're tablet now goes to download mode. Is that the step you do?

Im a mobile support rep for a large corporation. I know what Im doing. I unrooted and unbricked over 150 phones over 3 years but I never worked with unbricking samsung galaxy notes 10.1 tablets
I pressed the power button and volume up and also the power button and volume button down after.
It's doesnt boot to the download mode but it boots to the samsung logo and it just stays there as noted 3 times.
21st August 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #8  

1,082 posts
Quote:

Im a mobile support rep for a large corporation. I know what Im doing. I unrooted and unbricked over 150 phones over 3 years but I never worked with unbricking samsung galaxy notes 10.1 tablets
I pressed the power button and volume up and also the power button and volume button down after.
It's doesnt boot to the download mode but it boots to the samsung logo and it just stays there as noted 3 times.

Ok mate ! I was trying to post out that you might be doing it wrong on pressing the combinations of buttons. Cause the way you write your post(no offense mate). Sorry mate maybe my English is poor I think I just misunderstood your posts. I'm just trying to help.Anyway goodluck mate hope you fix your tablet.

P.s. I don't work on any large corporations, but I fix my own gadgets as long as there are available resources.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread