[Trouble] N8000: SIM lost after wrong recovery flash

Search This thread

xd_surfer_g

Dec 31, 2014
Hi,

I flashed the new TWRP2.8.6.0 on my N8000 (before I had 2.8.5.x).
Accidently I flashed the "p4noterf" instead of "n8000" version (with Odin 3.09).

When my SIM-card was not detected, I recognized the error.

Then I flashed TWRP 2.86.0 "n8000"-Version, but SIM was still not recognized.

After that I restored different ROMS (OMNI 5.1; CM12..) from which I had backups, including EFS/IMEI and all other stuff.
Also I wiped (factory, cache, dalvik, system, data) and restored the ROMS again (including EFS...).

But whatever I do: SIM is gone / not detected.

I would be grateful for any help/advice :laugh:!

Last edited:

3ftguru

Sep 29, 2008
Me too. I was fiddling with my old 10.1 and decided to give it a run on Lollipop 5.1. I updated the CWM to TWRP and sim recognition was lost. IMEI is blank and mobile network is non existent.

Could any kind soul please advise?

Update: Going back to 4.4.2 stock does show the mobile network signal but there is a notification for SIM card to be inserted. IMEI is back but SIM is still not recognised.

Last edited:

xd_surfer_g

Dec 31, 2014
Update: Going back to 4.4.2 stock does show the mobile network signal but there is a notification for SIM card to be inserted. IMEI is back but SIM is still not recognised.

Perhaps yous can try to restore EFS now (once again) - now that you are back to stock.

There is a thread in a German forum that in 1. step going back to stock saved IMEI. Then, as second step to restore EFS brought SIM back again... Hopefully this helps

Best wishes:good:

3ftguru

Sep 29, 2008
Tried using EFS Pro to backup and restore again but it didn't work. Interesting enough, my ROM version stated by EFS Pro is pnote and not N8000. So now downloading and flashing a confirmed N8000 stock rom to see if it works.

Update: Another rom still show p4note which means somewhere in EFS the n8000 is replaced with p4note. Anyone got any idea how to edit back?

Last edited:

xd_surfer_g

Dec 31, 2014
Update: Another rom still show p4note which means somewhere in EFS the n8000 is replaced with p4note. Anyone got any idea how to edit back?

Interesting, indeed.
There's a thread on XDA named "Recover your IMEI in 9 steps". I think it's a description of the problem we are faced with or something very close to, at least.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links here :crying: If you PM me I can send it to you.
The logic is the same I found in the German thread: go back to Stock and then change/manipulate EFS.

The crucial file in EFS folder seems to be nv_data.bin perhaps the needed information is in there. There is also a ".bak" and ".md5" of this file.
On my working S3 nv_data.bin changes constantly, date of the file is always "new", not older than a few hours. On the non working N8000 the file date is constant and from early April.

I hope to have some time to explore and test something this weekend .

A further idea might be to (also) go back to n8000 stock recovery - perhaps twrp messed something there.
Again, I can not post the link, just seaarch for the term in www.

Last edited:

xd_surfer_g

Dec 31, 2014
Back again!

Hi,
finally SIM is back again :good:

1. Flashed n8000 Stock recovery (probably unnecessary, is inculded in stock rom)
2. Flashed Stock ROM; rather old version (4.1.2) from sammobile: N8000XXCMI2_N8000OXACMI2
2a: Got endless boot loop
3. Booted to stock-recovery --> factory reset (or factory wipe?)
4. Booted to sys and SIM was there :laugh:

Ev. it matters which ROM is chosen, probably older ones (close to production date) are the better choice.

@3ftguru: Hope this will work for you too!

UPDATE: DO NOT USE AUTOMATIC UPDATE (OTA by Samsung) after flashing!
This broke my n8000 again, got an endless "Samsung N8000" Start logo after that.
I could not get into recovery, could not shut it down, only bootload was accessible.
Then I flashed same ROM again with odin - nothing changed.
Finally flashed 4.4.2 - and it's back again - SIM o.k., can get into recovery ... ufffffff!
This is the file I used form sammobile: N8000XXUDNE4_N8000OXADNE4

Last edited:

3ftguru

Sep 29, 2008
My device type is listed as p4note and not N8000 anymore even after flashing an old 4.1.2 Samsung ROM. Scratching my head on this one.
Anyone knows how to convert back to n8000 for device type?

CyanoFresh

Nov 9, 2014
Kyiv
solomaha.me
Same problem. It brokes after installing TWRP.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Hi,

1. Flashed n8000 Stock recovery (probably unnecessary, is inculded in stock rom)
2. Flashed Stock ROM; rather old version (4.1.2) from sammobile: N8000XXCMI2_N8000OXACMI2

Ev. it matters which ROM is chosen, probably older ones (close to production date) are the better choice.

This broke my n8000 again, got an endless "Samsung N8000" Start logo after that.
I could not get into recovery, could not shut it down, only bootload was accessible.
Finally flashed 4.4.2 - and it's back again - SIM o.k., can get into recovery ... ufffffff!

So do you use TWRP at old ROM?

3ftguru

Sep 29, 2008
Have found solution:
1. Install stock ROM (older) - sim will be working
2. Install TWRP 2.6.3.1
3. Flash something - and sim will be working, too

doesnt work for me whether i got use pit to repartition or just a 4.0.4 stock rom to flash. The SIM just doesnt get recognised.

Guess I just have to use it as a N8010 instead.

CyanoFresh

Nov 9, 2014
Kyiv
solomaha.me
doesnt work for me whether i got use pit to repartition or just a 4.0.4 stock rom to flash. The SIM just doesnt get recognised.

Guess I just have to use it as a N8010 instead.

Try this 4.4.2 rom:
Thread (Ukrainian language) - http://www.ex.ua/91621823
direct download - http://www.ex.ua/load/171252309
torrent - http://www.ex.ua/torrent/171252309

Flash N8000XXUDNH2_N8000OXEDNH1_N8000XXUDNH2_HOME.tar.md5 by Odin. Try to factory reset. it should work

MuellerA

Apr 15, 2010
Thank you so much for this thread an especially for this posting!!!
I had the same problem, maybe flashed a wrong recovery/firmware/rom or whatever but I lost access to the SIM card in my N8000. After I follow your steps below now I'm back in stock rom with SIM-access and can reconfigure my tablet.

Hi,

3ftguru

Sep 29, 2008
Tried the Ukrainian ROM but still didn't work.

Now I suspect is that I have accidentally made some changes to the EFS or had damaged the SIM port physically. Otherwise I should have been able to achieve the ROM recognizing the sim card.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

xuannguyen

Dec 28, 2015
Not working

Sim card comeback after i was reinstall rom 4.4.2, but sim card not working when I install cm12.1 .:crying:

Last edited:

xuannguyen

Dec 28, 2015
Recovery phone

I thing sim card will working if you recovery phone, file recovery boot with odin:
https:// drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SHfdpTGxm6cHhweGRCR05jYlE/view
After reinstall cm 12.1, 13 for Note 10.1 - N8000.
Good luck.

Prafulrox

Dec 10, 2014
Mumbai
Hi,

Hi there, i had flashed cm12.1 for N8000 and didnt backup efs. So even after returning to stock rom, i couldn't find my SIM. My IMEI was lost, and baseband version was showing unknown. So, can I use your method to restore my IMEI and SIM problem? Please reply fast as I need it within a few days. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back again!

Hi,