Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stolen tablet

Tip us?
 
lewmur
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 293
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Stolen tablet

What is the procedure for reporting that my Note 10.1 has been stolen?
 
@SidDev
Old
#2  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 376
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewmur View Post
What is the procedure for reporting that my Note 10.1 has been stolen?
try Google location history
happy to help you .
 
lewmur
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 293
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
try Google location history
How can I do that if I don't have the tablet?
 
@SidDev
Old
#4  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 376
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewmur View Post
How can I do that if I don't have the tablet?
use a desktop to see the location of your laptop.


press thanks if I helped you.
happy to help you .
 
lewmur
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 293
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
use a desktop to see the location of your laptop.


press thanks if I helped you.
I have tried to google how to do that and come up empty.
 
@SidDev
Old
#6  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 376
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewmur View Post
I have tried to google how to do that and come up empty.
was location services activated when your tablet lost?
if yes then log in to google in desktop
see location history of the device


press thanks if I helped you.
happy to help you .
 
lewmur
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 293
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
was location services activated when your tablet lost?
if yes then log in to google in desktop
see location history of the device


press thanks if I helped you.
It must not be turned on for any of my tablet. I have three, but Google says I don't have any location history for the last three weeks.
 
@SidDev
Old
#8  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 376
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewmur View Post
It must not be turned on for any of my tablet. I have three, but Google says I don't have any location history for the last three weeks.
omg
then you should register a complain to the cops
happy to help you .
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kcrudup
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 716
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
... then you should register a complaint to the cops
... then go buy a new one (I'm sure the police will be pretty useless about this).

Next time, be sure to load Android Device Manager onto it (in fact, try doing that NOW- if the thief hasn't wiped it and is online (doubtful) it'll load from the Network and you might be able to determine its location).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more