Built for the Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013)
This is a build composed off the CM11 builds, and there have been a lot features added on top of it.
So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability.
Many of the additional code additions came from Slim ROM and also Derteufels build,
and have been modified to work with Beanstalk.
A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication.
Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project.
BeanStalk is always evolving, new features coming in, bugs being ironed out.
Thanks to @skyliner33v for the boot animation and upcoming wallpapers!
Click the thanks button or Donate to @scott.hart.bti by clicking here :
- CM based
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customizable Lockscreen text color
- Lockscreen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Minimize lockscreen challange
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- Status bar color and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
- Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, hide signal icons
- Breathing SMS option
- Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (don't ask why)
- Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
- Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
- Notification shortcuts, behavior, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Kill app back button with customizable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- Option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
- Low battery warning customizable options
- Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
- Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- CM Performance options and features
- About BeanStalk option with links to Github source and Facebook for beanstalk. Also links to Scott's Twitter and donate.
- Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
- Option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
- Wakelock Blocker
- Numerous other options hiding throughout the build.
He deserves credit for adding OmniSwitch (an awesome app thanks to OmniRom),
adding the new XPosed installer on its own separate tab,
changing the look of the Beanstalk options menu a little,
and adding the black Beanstalk boot animation.
All of the above is included in this build.
I can confirm this build works on the Galaxy Note N8013 edition ONLY!! I do not have the N8000 or any other tablet to test it on.
But again, this is your choice and I will not take responsibility for anything that happens to your tablet during flashing.
As long as I have the N8013 tablet, I will be updating Beanstalk regularly, and may consider compiling other roms for it as well. I noticed we don't have many custom roms for our device, and I love Beanstalk, so that's why I decided to build.
I do have a job, and I am doing this in my free time, and because I enjoy it.
I will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
I understand there are some noobs, and I will do my best to answer any questions you have.
If you don't like the rom, that's your choice, and you can go find another one to flash, or better yet, build your own.
I recommend using PA GApps from this link -
Pick the package that suits you or use whatever GApps package you prefer as long as it's 4.4.4.
Big thanks to @TKruzze to keeping the GApps updated for everyone.
I use TWRP Recovery to flash roms from this link - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/110
If you don't already use TWRP, but want to, you can flash it with the Flashify app from the Play Store,
Mobile Odin, or use the directions to install via your PC.
I haven't ever used CWM on my tablet, but if you are comfortable with it, you can use it to flash this rom.
Just make sure you have a custom recovery installed, because this rom won't flash with stock recovery.
This is my method of flashing:
- Boot into Recovery
- ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!
- Do a factory reset. In TWRP, I also select "Format Data" to wipe completely clean.
If you are just upgrading from another Beanstalk 4.4 build, you shouldn't have to wipe completely
unless you had a lot of issues on the previous build.
AFTER Backup & Wipe:
- Flash Rom
- Flash GApps
- Reboot System
*Allow at least 5 minutes for it to boot the first time before thinking it has failed.
When the Welcome screen appears, I allow at least 10 minutes for the rom to settle in. I don't touch anything.
Afterwards, I set everything up.
**A Few Extra Tips**
The regular SuperUser is included in this rom, but I always download SuperSU from the Play Store.
(Thanks as always to @Chainfire for SuperSU).
Open SuperSU, and a popup will ask you to update the SU binary. Choose OK.
If it asks you to use the Normal method or the TWRP/CWM method, try Normal the first time.
If it fails, do it again and choose TWRP/CWM method.
You will get a confirmation in installed properly.
I also download BusyBox from the Play Store.
Open BusyBox, click Install on the bottom left, then Smart Install.
You can also get me on Hangouts - email@example.com
Google Drive: BeanStalk-4.4.4065 for N8013 -10/08/2014
@nprev420, @skyliner33v, @pimpmaneaton & @pjgraber03
for all their help while I learned to build roms!
I hope you all enjoy Beanstalk as much as I do!