Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New AC adapter & USB cable

Tip us?

Paulx777
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default New AC adapter & USB cable

My USB cable charger cord that came with my P-600 is starting to loosen up. You know, when you have to adjust out so it's in the slot just right in order for it to charge. I know that you can't use just any AC adapter combined with just any USB cord to get the power needed to charge a tablet fast and efficiently. Are there any recommendations out there for a new AC adapter and/or USB cord that has been proven to work well with this tablet? (Besides buying a replacement from Samsung.)
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

gilani7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Cant recommend anything specific but remember the note 10.1 2014 uses a 5.3 v charger (and not a 5v charger like most smartphones)

Paulx777
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilani7 View Post
Cant recommend anything specific but remember the note 10.1 2014 uses a 5.3 v charger (and not a 5v charger like most smartphones)
Right. I think most smartphone chargers won't even be able to charge a tablet at all because a tablet, any tablet, needs more power (volts) to charge it effectively. I've tried using my Galaxy S3 charger to charge my Note 10.1 just to see if it would work and it shows the charging icon with a line through it (doesn't charge at all).

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 14
The Anker 40w (8A) 5 port charger. One for all.

RaptorMD
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorbusier View Post
The Anker 40w (8A) 5 port charger. One for all.
Sounds cool, I hat having all of these different chargers on my power strip. I will get one of these.

http://www.ianker.com/product/71AN7105-B5A

or Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-D.../dp/B00GTGETFG