Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tempered glass screen protectors?

OP SpaceBananas

13th November 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Can anyone recommend a good tempered glass screen protector for the note 10.1 2014 model? I can't seem to find many and the ones I do have scant and very mixed reviews at best... I've never gotten a tempered glass screen protector but I definitively want the added drop/shatter protection. The only thing that worries me is that if I accidently but a crap one, the S Pen responsiveness will be hindered or the protector will peel off etc.

Also, an antiglare tempered glass would be amazing but I've only found these to be in the plastic protectors. I could live without it to get better shatter protection, though so any suggestions on the tempered glass protector is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
14th November 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 41

265 posts
More
I bought one on dx.com but it seems they removed it from the page; the exact name was:
Quote:

Angibabe Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition P600

I like it very much, the tab feels natural and you can stop worrying about screen scratchs and stuff. Finger detection works perfectly. Pen functions very well with the exception of on thing: if you don't use the pen perfectly perpendicular to the screen near the edges(about .5 centimeter) the detection is moved millimeters from the actual pen tip touching the screen. This problem may be happening to all tablets and I don't know it because i wont take the protector off but it seems logic that the detection is affected that way with a some space added between the pen and the actual screen. Theoretically this could be fixed with calibration on the drivers or kernel or whatever but i am no expert.
Anyway, if you stay away from the corners and the screen borders you'll be very happy with the results a tempered glass has on this device.
16th November 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 87

362 posts
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in real quick. Ive put 4 diffrent ones on mine cause I messed up every one. Lol but make sure you turn tablet off and its not hot cause I made the mistake of playing on tablet then putting it on and a air bubble came where the screen was hot and I couldnt get out. I also messed up the others but when I did the tape on sides like a hinge it went on perfect. You can google it, there are alot of videos. I bought mine now on ebay. If you want a good one and want to spend some extra money there is ghost glass but I think its like 50 dollars. Mine was cheaper and they said it was anti fingerprint but I get fingerprints on it. They come right of with screen cleaner rag though. I just went to look on ebay but there not selling the one I bought anymore. Mine works fine with spen and fingers. I did buy the cheap one from china also, I would stay away from those. They always come broke, they will send another one but it takes some time to get.
17th November 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 41

265 posts
More
Thumbs up
Update.
Went to the store todsy and tried the galaxy note 12. It had the same problem i was describing above and without any protector so i am guessing it is a tablet problem and we can use protector without fearing it might affect the usage.
19th November 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag Henderson
Thanks Meter: 55

228 posts
Donate to Me
More
I use the techpro tempered glass with no problems
23rd November 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
I got a cheap one from ebay too. It's a little thick, 4mm, and doesn't fit perfectly, probably 1-2mm gap around the edges, but the tablet works just as it did without it. I'm a heavy user of the s pen and i don't see any difference in offset. I didn't have any problem applying it...i used the home key hole to line it up.

I agree with the other poster that it does nothing to discourage fingerprints, but overall i'm happy with it and would use the same cheap ebay one again. I'd say give it a try.... $20 to try is better than $50 for the "good" one unless you really need a perfect and thin fit.
Today, 03:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I just bought one on ebay a couple of days ago. Its called: TechPro Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Samsung. Itwas 21.99. Ill post pics once i receive the screen protector

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread