[SM-P600][4.4.4]CyanogenMod 11 - Note 10.1 (2014) WiFi

OP equilibriumtr

5th November 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Lausanne
Thanks Meter: 80

29 posts
More
Here is my port of CM11 to SM-P600, a.k.a lt03wifi. Source was almost entirely derived from the official source for SM-T520 which has almost the exact same hardware.

What works:
  • screen
  • wifi
  • bluetooth
  • logcat
  • usb otg storage
  • sound
  • microphone
  • multitouch
  • auto brightness
  • external sdcard
  • gps
  • softkeys
  • softkey backlight
  • flashlight
  • accelerometer
  • gyroscope
  • magnetometer
  • light intensity sensor
  • pen (without fancy Samsung menus of course)
  • both cameras

What doesn't work:
  • nothing as far as tested

Issues:
  • performance cpu governor causes sleep of death
  • stock cm camera app issue (see post below)

Links and how to install
Download link
ODIN flashable recovery

You won't be able to install it via TWRP for SM-P600, it will be complaining about the device name not being lt03wifiue. This is because they are mixing it up with SM-P601, it should be fixed on their side. I haven't tried but it might be the case for other recoveries as well. If you receive this error, flash the above recovery with ODIN and install from there. As a side note, the above recovery has much less features compared to TWRP but it's much faster, so it's better for quick test iterations.

I would be really glad if you can install, test and see what issues you might get.

Sources:

For those interested, here is the device source: https://github.com/ayberkozgur/andro...msung_lt03wifi.

You'll need the modified exynos 5420 kernel source: https://github.com/ayberkozgur/andro...ung_exynos5420

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11 - Note 10.1 (2014) WiFi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
equilibriumtr
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-05
Last Updated 2014-11-05
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-11-05-184346.png
Views:	7980
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	3000992   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-11-10-091921.jpg
Views:	6994
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	3008062  
Last edited by equilibriumtr; 15th November 2014 at 10:14 AM.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to equilibriumtr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the work you devs do. I'll install it this weekend and play with it. Thanks again!
5th November 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Lausanne

29 posts
More
Camera issue

There is a weird camera issue that I can describe as follows:
  • cm stock Camera app hangs when launched; after this, if killed, it will crash at its next launch and Torch will start crashing as well. This seems normal as the flashlight is probably using the same driver as the camera.
  • Torch will work if Camera is not launched at all.
  • If the Google Camera app is downloaded, installed and launched, the stock Camera app will properly launch and work until the next reboot, even if the Google Camera app is closed.
  • At this point, within the stock Camera app, if the mode is set to Video instead of Picture (the default), the Camera app will launch successfully even after a reboot. After launched, it can go back into the Picture mode no problem. So in other words, launching the Camera app in the Picture mode will freeze the camera and the flashlight until reboot.

This is very weird and I couldn't pin it down. The dmesg dump of the stock Camera app: http://pastebin.com/xPDYRG4X

dmesg dump of the Android Camera app: http://pastebin.com/WaqxQA5E

As you see, they are nearly exactly the same.

It could be a permission issue, a driver issue, a kernel module that's loaded on-demand, I have no idea at this point. I need help. Do any of you guys have any insight as to why this might be the issue?

Update: I tried the first ~10 camera apps in the market and ALL of them work perfectly fine. I think CM camera app is to blame here. Is anyone aware of such a thing on other devices?
Last edited by equilibriumtr; 7th November 2014 at 05:10 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to equilibriumtr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 53

281 posts
More
I love you, where is your donation button , Sir? I dont use the camera and i can stand the sleep of death(although i know it can be fixed) but you have done something really important, with cm on p600 it is much more possible to be supported as a legacy device on many roms instead of only waiting for samsung and roms based on samsung software. Omnirom, PARom, Aopk are just a compile away with something like p600 working. Congratulations, and i still want to see your donate button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pazzu510 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Thank you!
I replaced the camera app with Google Camera, in recovery, and it seems there are no more problems with it.
Is there any way to make the pen work?
The Following User Says Thank You to cristighenea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer / Forum Moderator
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 3,793

2,570 posts
More
Make sure you are using CAF-NEW for the audio,media, and display HALs. Also, make sure that you have the proper commits in the kernel to coincide with the caf-new hals.
5th November 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #7  

281 posts
More
Got the lt03wifiue instead of lt03wifi problem.
I cant flash the recovery that you compiled. It says that md5 does not match on odin 3.07. any suggestions?

installed PhilZ Touch, supposedly based on cwm and still got the lt03wifieu name problem.

Can i change lt03wifieu to lt03wifi flashing a samsung rom from sammobil?
Last edited by Pazzu510; 5th November 2014 at 10:40 PM.
5th November 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Lausanne

29 posts
More
Well, I did flash the recovery I uploaded with Odin 3.09 and I didn't try Odin 3.07 so there might be a problem there. I think the device name should be lt03wifixx in one place and lt03wifi in another. I'll check this out along with the HAL issue tomorrow.

Yes, I forgot to test the pen and it doesn't work at all. Adding it to the list.

Thank you for your kindness, but I don't think I really deserve a donation here, all I did was adjust the obvious parameters in a ready-made source
The Following User Says Thank You to equilibriumtr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #9  

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by equilibriumtr

Well, I did flash the recovery I uploaded with Odin 3.09 and I didn't try Odin 3.07 so there might be a problem there. I think the device name should be lt03wifixx in one place and lt03wifi in another. I'll check this out along with the HAL issue tomorrow.

META-INF>com>google>android>updater-script
For its to work i deleted the first line that says:
Quote:

assert(
getprop("ro.product.device") == "lt03wifi" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "lt03wifi" ||
abort("This package is for device: lt03wifi; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."); );

After that and a data wipe on TWRP the installation went smooth. This will let you to flash the rom and also install cwm recovery that comes with CM roms so you can say bye to TWRP; from then, the "lt03wifieu" is not a problem for me on cwm as @equilibriumtr said. I can now flash the zip with the lines that didnt let me before.

I think we could recover the lost security from deleting that line by adding something like this:
Quote:

assert(
getprop("ro.product.device") == "lt03wifi" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "lt03wifi" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "lt03wifiue" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "lt03wifiue" ||
abort("This package is for device: lt03wifi; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."); );

Can someone please add the lines instead of deleting them first and try flashing? Since with CWM i dont get the "lt03wifi is not lt03wifiue" error so I dont know if my theory is correct.
Last edited by Pazzu510; 7th November 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Form.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pazzu510 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Thumbs up Will be testing
Thank you for porting cyanogenmod to our tablet. I will be testing it and report anything that goes wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to zeosson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread