Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Advice on broken LCD P600

OP MrsMVP

10th November 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi guys,

I'm very new to the forums. I have been using various tablets for the last few years now, but my favourite is the Samsung Galaxy Notes, I have had the 8.0(G5110), the n8013, and now the P600. I love love love the way the S-Pen works.

Anyway, I bought the P600 on ebay, with broken glass. I had bought the n8013 on ebay with broken glass as well, and it was easy to replace. No big deal. I assumed the P600 would be the same, but boy, was I WRONG!! I couldn't find any breakdown or repair videos for the P600 on youtube, for the screen. I thought I was too cool and could figure it out, so I went about taking it apart. I think that some of the seasoned people here will know what happened next right? I broke the LCD screen inside, because the damn thing was fused/glued to the digitizer. FML!!! Anyway, I learned from that mistake. Now, I'm having trouble finding a replacement LCD assembly for it, for a sensible price. Does anyone know where the absolute cheapest replacement LCD for the P600 can be found? Is it ebay?

Another important thing, can the LCD from the n8013 be used in the P600? I tried the charging connector out of the P600 in the N8013, because there is a problem with the charging port of the n8013, and when I put the end of the charging connector from the p600 in the n8013, without ever being plugged into actual electricity, the cable got hot, the actual ribbon charging one, not the outlet charger. I'm assuming it might be a different voltage, different conduction or something. I'm making stuff up to sound smart now. LOL.

Anyway, any advice at all on this, or where I should look, please let me know. I have searched a few times for tips and ideas on how to fix things, and this forum has shown up more than a dozen times during my various searches, so I figured I would finally join and post.

Also, even though I did some stupid things with these tablets, I am a fairly intelligent person. I just learn more from mistakes than I do from never making a mistake...lol
10th November 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,629

5,448 posts
find it on Ebay. The one made from China is about 175$ but I don't trust this. I found this one for you, 207$ seems to be the cheapest.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Touch-Di...item58b76cd8fb
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Hi, thank you for taking the time to look for me. I should have mentioned that I'm in Canada, that seller doesn't ship to Canada. Why didn't you trust the other seller, who was cheaper?
10th November 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #4  

5,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMVP

Hi, thank you for taking the time to look for me. I should have mentioned that I'm in Canada, that seller doesn't ship to Canada. Why didn't you trust the other seller, who was cheaper?

because the screen made in China (clone) and I don't know if it has the same specs as the original screen. You would want to buy a used screen instead.
How about this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Touch-Di...item19f5cb6e4d
Last edited by buhohitr; 10th November 2014 at 04:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I don't mind buying used, if it works. I'm hoping to keep it around $175 or so, as that's about as far as I can stretch my budget at the moment. If I can't get one for that, I will have to wait for a little while. I was hoping I didn't have to. Do you know if the lcd from the n8013 would be compatible? Thanks again for your help!
10th November 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #6  

5,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMVP

I don't mind buying used, if it works. I'm hoping to keep it around $175 or so, as that's about as far as I can stretch my budget at the moment. If I can't get one for that, I will have to wait for a little while. I was hoping I didn't have to. Do you know if the lcd from the n8013 would be compatible? Thanks again for your help!

No it's not compatible, don't try it, it may smoke your main board.
11th November 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thank you, that is very good to know. I would hate to do that. LOL

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread