Ditched Note for Surface Pro 3

OP red321red321

7th July 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

88 posts
I have been a loyal user of Samsung galaxy products for a very long time, owning the s3, note 2, note 8, note 10.1, and note 10.1 2014. in general they have been excellent aside from very poor resale value. my favorite of all these devices used to be the 10.1 2014. it had a sharp screen and excellent battery life. then the kit kat update happened. all of a sudden my battery life went to hell and even after I rooted and such I could still not restore the device to where it had been. when I watch youtube or do anything intense the battery dies unbelievably fast,

I finally gave up and got a surface pro 3. so far I am very impressed. for my use the battery life is better than note. also fairly light and extremely powerful. onenote is far better than snote. microsofts onedrive integration is awesome.

I feel Samsung devices have gone downhill lately. I wanted to get an s4 but found the bloatware intolerable, especially annoying is my magazine. the fingerprint scanner and heart rate functionality also suck. ill also be replacing my note 2 with an lg g3 or iPhone 6.
7th July 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 47

291 posts
errrr..oki?
7th July 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

299 posts
ehm good for you, but your point being?

As I see it to each his own, congrats on a new gadget but no need to start a post just on that accord..... Just saying
7th July 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,282

8,822 posts
Kind of apples and oranges, no?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Barney,Ga
Thanks Meter: 445

1,245 posts
More
Ummmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...........

Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Premium HD app
7th July 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I tried out the surface pro 3 and went back to note 10.1 2014. I just could not get lots of the apps I got so used to over time. Keyboard and concept was great, OS not as much , as a tablet os , it sucks to use your finger on desktop.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
8th July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 719

1,485 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by red321red321

... but found the bloatware intolerable ....

Too bad that was all in your head. So-called "bloatware" takes up minimal resources in storage, and after a few minutes of having booted is no longer in your RAM nor uses any CPU cycles.
10th July 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 147

2,170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup

Too bad that was all in your head. So-called "bloatware" takes up minimal resources in storage, and after a few minutes of having booted is no longer in your RAM nor uses any CPU cycles.

Do you have Android OS keeping the device awake? Mine have this over a course of 10 hours since disconnected from power AND only have screen on time of 1.5 hours.

I already turned off bloatware from "Application Manager", no background app like weather or social media. So this bloatware does take CPU resources and keeping the tablet awake.

10th July 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #9  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 719

1,485 posts
More
You have some app killing your battery, not "bloatware". I don't remove anything and have very little "awake" time that's not "screen on" time. You should get "Bettery Battery Stats" from the Play Store (if you're rooted).
10th July 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 147

2,170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup

You have some app killing your battery, not "bloatware". I don't remove anything and have very little "awake" time that's not "screen on" time. You should get "Bettery Battery Stats" from the Play Store (if you're rooted).

This is a brand new device, just got it last Sunday. No 3rd party apps installed at all. Only setup Google account so I can update existing app and sync Gmail and calendar. If it is not "bloatware", then it is whatever apps that came with the tablet.

No Google Now crap, but GPS is turned on.

BBS won't show detailed info as I am not rooted.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I hard reset the device already.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread