NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Thumbs up [BOUNTY] P605V Verizon 10.1 2014--Unlocked Bootloader

OP Don_Pachuco

13th September 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am going to begin a bounty to all of our devs of $100 to whomever can get a working unlocked bootloader for the Verizon 4GLTE P605V Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 edition. It's complete nonsense that going as far back as far as April (the first post I found searching for this) that there isn't a solution.... If you own this tablet variant as well, please jump on board.
Last edited by Don_Pachuco; 15th September 2014 at 03:19 PM.
13th September 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 266

1,177 posts
Donate to Me
More
Most devs for the 10.1 2014 have moved to the pro version. So this may be really hard to get. if you look at the unlocked versions there is little to no support for them right now as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One M8
13th September 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 27,314

28,977 posts
Donate to Me
More
All the Verizon/Samsung locked bootloaders have been unlockable to date as well as the AT&T varieties. Check the S4, Note 3 and S5 threads.
14th September 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee

51 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

All the Verizon/Samsung locked bootloaders have been unlockable to date as well as the AT&T varieties. Check the S4, Note 3 and S5 threads.

I don't really care about the S4, my Note 3 is already unlocked, and could care less about the S5 as well. What I AM concerned with is getting my 10.1 2014 Verizon edition unlocked so I can actually get TWRP on it an put on custom ROM's. For a forum filled with lots of experts and geniuses, no one seems to want to take any time or make any effort. I am literally begging! Using any version of Odin has failed trying to get TWRP on my tablet. All the ROMs I have looked at say to install that as a prerequisite. So what is a guy to do? Should I just put a round from my .45 through it and call it a day? I am outside the 14 day return window now with Verizon, so unless someone can give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong, then I am royally screwed..........
14th September 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Right behind you!

28,977 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Pachuco

I don't really care about the S4, my Note 3 is already unlocked, and could care less about the S5 as well. What I AM concerned with is getting my 10.1 2014 Verizon edition unlocked so I can actually get TWRP on it an put on custom ROM's. For a forum filled with lots of experts and geniuses, no one seems to want to take any time or make any effort. I am literally begging! Using any version of Odin has failed trying to get TWRP on my tablet. All the ROMs I have looked at say to install that as a prerequisite. So what is a guy to do? Should I just put a round from my .45 through it and call it a day? I am outside the 14 day return window now with Verizon, so unless someone can give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong, then I am royally screwed..........

You are missing the point. Bootloaders are not a simple security hack. They are the proprietary coding that allows the device to boot. There is NO decompiling, sorting through code, figuring out the lock and then unlocking it. There needs to be an exploit to get in and change it. Which means there is a 99% chance the wrong exploit attempt will brick the device...an not the "brick" all these people talk about mistakenly on this site...a REAL brick...dead paperweight. Think that it is an issue with this sites "geniuses" not wanting to do it? Maybe you would understand better if you blindfolded yourself and tried to assemble a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle....only you get an electric shock with every wrong piece you play.
I mentioned the other devices not to see if you "care"...it is to let you know the same method is employed to lock those as your tablet and they are just as popular with the "geniuses" that genuinely want to unlock the bootloader. AND have large bounties on them.
As to what are you supposed to do? Research next time. Buy products from a carrier that does not lock down their devices or buy a device that is not a commercial push to the military and corporate so that Verizon wants it locked down tight for more sales and contracts. Or continue to hold your breath throwing this tantrum you seem to be doing. Or...I don't know...use the tablet as it was designed to be used when sold and seems to work fine for the millions of customers who know nothing of XDA or rooting.
Last edited by KennyG123; 14th September 2014 at 02:48 PM.
14th September 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee

51 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

You are missing the point. Bootloaders are not a simple security hack. They are the proprietary coding that allows the device to boot. There is NO decompiling, sorting through code, figuring out the lock and then unlocking it. There needs to be an exploit to get in and change it. Which means there is a 99% chance the wrong exploit attempt will brick the device...an not the "brick" all these people talk about mistakenly on this site...a REAL brick...dead paperweight. Think that it is an issue with this sites "geniuses" not wanting to do it? Maybe you would understand better if you blindfolded yourself and tried to assemble a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle....only you get an electric shock with every wrong piece you play.
I mentioned the other devices not to see if you "care"...it is to let you know the same method is employed to lock those as your tablet and they are just as popular with the "geniuses" that genuinely want to unlock the bootloader. AND have large bounties on them.
As to what are you supposed to do? Research next time. Buy products from a carrier that does not lock down their devices or buy a device that is not a commercial push to the military and corporate so that Verizon wants it locked down tight for more sales and contracts. Or continue to hold your breath throwing this tantrum you seem to be doing. Or...I don't know...use the tablet as it was designed to be used when sold and seems to work fine for the millions of customers who know nothing of XDA or rooting.

I would have to say that in reading text, it is generally hard to understand the tone of the text. While I wasn't throwing a tantrum, the tone of your reply is pretty unmistakable. When someone comes here genuinely looking for help and assistance with a device, is it a general practice to publicly belittle and berate them? As to my bounty, I started off low to see if others would jump on board or not. As to my carrier, I have been with Verizon from day one, get a rather large corporate discount from them on devices and accessories, and have 6 lines through them, so why just to get this tablet to do what I want it to, would I change carriers? Every device that I have had in the 'smart'phone era has been Verizon, and someone has found a way to unlock them. So I apologize if I came of looking like a prick, as that was not at all my intention. I would gladly personally pay up to $100.00 if someone could help. It is very frustrating to only be able to do half of what I want to achieve with my tablet. I'm as far as I personally can go on it. If anyone was offended by my wording, again, I am sorry for that. BTW, I changed the avatar that was only taken offense to after my post. Have a happy Sunday Funday! I know I will as I am already on bloody Mary number 4 here.
14th September 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #7  
Flag Right behind you!

28,977 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Pachuco

I would have to say that in reading text, it is generally hard to understand the tone of the text. While I wasnt throwing a tantrum, the tone of your reply is pretty unmistakable. When someone comes here genuinely looking for help and assistance with a device, is it a general practice to publicly belittle and berate them? As to my bounty, I started off low to see if others would jump on board or not. As to my carrier, I have been with Verizon from day one, get a rather large corporate discount from them on devices and accessories, and have 6 lines through them, so why just to get this tablet to do what I want it to, would I change carriers? Every device that I have had in the smartphone era has been Verizon, and someone has found a way to unlock them. So I apologize if I came of looking like a prick, as that was not at all my intention. I would gladly personally pay up to $100.00 if someone could help. It is very frustrating to only be able to do half of what I want to achieve with my tablet. Im as far as I personally can go on it. If anyone was offended by my wording, again, I am sorry for that. BTW, I changed the avatar that was only taken offense to after my post. Have a happy Sunday Funday! I know I will as I am already on bloody Mary number 4 here.

Your phrase that asks if you should put a bullet into your tablet certainly sounded like a bit of a tantrum. Sorry if I somehow misconstrued that. Then also sounding like you were belittling XDA developers because they did not unlock the bootloader yet.. Sounded a bit entitled. There are devices years old that have never been unlocked. I have done my best to explain why there should never be a time limit or expectations of the bootloader ever being unlocked yet you also shot that down as selfishly exclaiming you did not care about those examples and were only concerned about what matters to you. Did I leave anything out? Sorry if I somehow misinterpreted any of that. Sounds like you need to start making a decision as to what is more important to you, your corporate discount or an unlocked bootloader. Have your bounty but I already explained older Verizon devices with the same locked bootloaders has stumped the security geniuses so far.
Last edited by KennyG123; 15th September 2014 at 10:43 PM.
15th September 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee

51 posts
Donate to Me
More
$100
$100.00
23rd September 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee

51 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tablet
$150.00?
27th September 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 14

67 posts
More
The devs were never really all that involved with this tablet. It is highly unlikely they will unlock the Verizon version unless they figure out the other Samsung products. Even if they would unlock the tablet you my not get any devs that are willing to port their Roms over to the Verizon version.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread