Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where was your tablet made?

Tip us?

carlitos66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Where was your tablet made?

My box says: Made in Vietnam by Samsung.
I have owned Samsung Galaxy S2, Note 1, Note 2, older Note 10.1 tablet and they all were made in Korea. This is first one made in Vietnam.

Driftwood01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought two Note 10.1 2014 Black 32 GB and both of my boxes say Made in Vietnam by Samsung.

californiarailroader
Old
(Last edited by californiarailroader; 17th October 2013 at 10:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 425
Location: Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
It was made in Vietnam. That still takes some getting used to here in the US, seeing made in Vietnam, not that I'm against it (I'd rather have it made in the US, but what can ya do), it's just weird to see it. I was 4 in 1975 when the war ended.
The Following User Says Thank You to californiarailroader For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiarailroader View Post
It was made in Vietnam. That still takes some getting used to here in the US, seeing made in Vietnam, not that I'm against it (I'd rather have it made in the US, but what can ya do), it's just weird to see it. I was 4 in 1975 when the war ended.
Haven`t got my new 2014 edition yet , but had bought 2 from the 2012 edition , 1st one made in Korea & the 2nd was made in Vitenam & build quality was horrible with the Vietnamese one, Korean Build was much more firm & solid.
The Following User Says Thank You to lsherif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gasaraki-
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Mine was made in Nam.

It's a dark day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gasaraki- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr_Muhsin
Old
(Last edited by Dr_Muhsin; 18th October 2013 at 08:16 AM.) Reason: sPELLING
Thanks Meter 0
i thought the Vietnam Factory was dedicated to the market of middle east / africa

while S Korea Factory directed towards Europe and North America, thats why we try here in middle east to get the Version from Europe or USA with older model of 10.1

need more people to confirm that from USA, or what Retailers selling which version

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Muhsin View Post
i thought the Vietnam Factory was dedicated to the market of middle east / africa

while N Korea Factory directed towards Europe and North America, thats why we try here in middle east to get the Version from Europe or USA with older model of 10.1

need more people to confirm that from USA, or what Retailers selling which version

Strange enough i have one of my colleagues @ work who got his 2012 Note 3G from the states that was made in China
The Following User Says Thank You to lsherif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

californiarailroader
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Location: Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Muhsin View Post

while N Korea Factory directed towards Europe and North America, thats why we try here in middle east to get the Version from Europe or USA with older model of 10.1

I think you mean South Korea

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to californiarailroader For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wingdo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Vietnam here. Chicago, USA, 32GB black from best buy

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via Tapatalk.

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4

Ettepetje
Old
Thanks Meter 63
The Serial sticker on my "2014 Note 10.1" box just says: Made by Samsung. Couldn't find any other reference anywhere on the box, besides letters in the Serial number.