Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] *×xREQUESTx×* AOSP KitKat 4.4.2

Tip us?

calebcabob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141
Question [ROM] *×xREQUESTx×* AOSP KitKat 4.4.2

We could REALLY use an AOSP ROM over here on the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) -P600/WiFi Only tablet.

I know there's someone out there who is interested in starting a new project as the first developer to produce an AOSP ROM for this kick ass device

...hopefully!

So, who here is willing to donate? I know I DEFINITELY am!

Maybe we'd even be lucky enough to get an INCREDIBLE developer like we did for our TouchWiz HYPERDRIVE(sbreen94) <---- thanks for that!!!

Perhaps even @blindndumb or @albinoman887 would be interested!!?

IF YOU'RE WILLING TO DONATE FOR AN AOSP ROM, LET IT BE KNOWN!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calebcabob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N'ash
Old
Thanks Meter 14
and for P601

Processor: Exynos 4412 Quad CPU / Mali-400MP GPU
Camera: 8MP/ 1080p Video Recording
Display: 4.8" Super AMOLED HD
ROM: Slimbean 4.3 Build 1
Theme: DarkPie UI
Pebble Blue

Freakstyler
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Correct me If I'm wrong, but Exynos 5 (P600) is not really supported by AOSP roms, so only Snapdragon variants like the P605 are likely to be compatible with any AOSP rom. It's likely better to purchase a P605 and run CM11, than wait for an Exynos 5 AOSP build.

Also, why would you want to remove the S-Pen features from a Tablet, who's main selling point is the S-Pen?

marxses
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I won't be complaining if it happens but personally I can't really see any real benefits to having an ASOP Rom on this device at this point in time.

I prefer ASOP on the original note n7000 as you can get the latest Android OS that hasn't been released officially for that device. Also the older hardware is lacking and slow under the TW interface so you get big performance boost by having a lighter ROM.

This tablet has plenty of grunt and currently the latest Android OS so yeh not much point having ASOP imo.

With Android L coming out that might make a port more worthwhile

xda557
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would be happily willing to donate if someone prepares a P601 version.

GldRush98
Old
Thanks Meter 266
I don't think Samsung releases binaries for the Exynos, so that's going good to add a layer of difficulty.
Plus with a device like this, you're going to lose a lot of functionality like all the spen stuff, multiwindows, floating Windows, ir transmitter, etc...
---Phone---
Nexus 5 32gb
Android 4.4.4 KTU84P, Baseband 2.0.50.1.16, Unlocked, rooted, TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.1
---Tablets---
Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb
Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, rooted, TWRP 2.6.3.3
Nexus 7 16gb
Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, Unlocked, rooted, TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.1
---Past---
Galaxy Nexus (AT&T)
Android 4.3 JWR66Y, Baseband I9250XXLJ1, Unlocked, rooted, Clockwork Touch 6.0.4.3
Google Nexus One | AT&T Fuze (Touch Pro) | AT&T 8525 (Hermes) | AT&T 8125 (Wizard)