[Q] Kernel compilation warnings. To care or not to care

Search This thread

symbal

Feb 14, 2012
Hong Kong
Hi,

I'm just compiling my first Android kernel (for SM-P605) and have succeeded without any real issues. I just wanted to check whether some of the compilation warnings of the nature listed below are anything to be concerned abou:

Code:
1: Warning (reg_format): "reg" property in /soc/qcom,actuator@18 has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 1, #size-cells == 1)
2: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): Relying on default #address-cells value for /soc/i2c@19/bq24260@6B

I'm used to software development (it's a job and hobby) on Linux already and believe the second warning is nothing but, would just like to be sure and check with anyone experienced in Android Kernel compilation whether the first is worth paying attention to.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Should it get a green light, I'll probably do some further experimentation and make some releases (if there is any want for certain features from the community) after new year with some of the epic features that people are putting in to our brother devices.

Kind regards

Reactions: Nic2215

Nic2215

Jan 26, 2014
Hi..thank you for creating kernel for the p605 as our community got very few developers. Is it possible for you to implement options to change governor, force charging, lmk settings to tweak around. Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm just compiling my first Android kernel (for SM-P605) and have succeeded without any real issues. I just wanted to check whether some of the compilation warnings of the nature listed below are anything to be concerned abou:

Code:
    1: Warning (reg_format): "reg" property in /soc/qcom,actuator@18 has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 1, #size-cells == 1)
    2: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): Relying on default #address-cells value for /soc/i2c@19/bq24260@6B

I'm used to software development (it's a job and hobby) on Linux already and believe the second warning is nothing but, would just like to be sure and check with anyone experienced in Android Kernel compilation whether the first is worth paying attention to.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Should it get a green light, I'll probably do some further experimentation and make some releases (if there is any want for certain features from the community) after new year with some of the epic features that people are putting in to our brother devices.

Kind regards