Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] my note 2014 came with kitkat? is there a way to downgrade?

Tip us?

Carlostup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] my note 2014 came with kitkat? is there a way to downgrade?

I just bought a note 10.1 2014 edition, and i was reading all about kitkat and its issues, so i was wondering. After all this time is jelly bean still better for this note?

Mine came with kitkat 4.4.2, and it had a 102 mb update, wich i applied, battery usage said 2.8 hours left or something when fully charged and unplugged. I deactivated most of the fancy stuff i dont need atm, but isnt 2.8 hours a little bit low?

I've read a ton of posts about kit kat draining battery, having some sort of sd card problems and other things. Is there a way to downgrade? does it have to be rooted for that? and if so, is there noticeable benefits from it? by the way the lock screen inking is still there, and i thought it was suposed to be removed on these tablets with kitkat.

I also read that when installing custom roms, there are functions, apps or whatever that might not work properly or at all ?

I have the wifi model, and i'd apreciate any info about all of these questions, thanks in advance!!!

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Some people have said that battery levels are the same as jelly bean if not better but god knows.

Btw your tablet probably just needs to settle as its brand new. Use it and charge it a few times and see if it sorts itself out. My Tablet at the start used to drain faster and take donkeys to charge but now that I've had it for 8+ months it sorted itself out nicely.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII

AkiraBBQ
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This tablet flies after upgrading to kitkat, everything is smooth and responsive and indeed a whole new experience. The multi-touch problem on my tablet has also been fixed in KK and no issue on battery life. Can't think of a single reason going back to 4.3.
The Following User Says Thank You to AkiraBBQ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]