Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Turning note into a Linux laptop: a step by step guide

OP robertchow

3rd August 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #11  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 12

279 posts
More
What I can do on Linux?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
4th August 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Why install Linux?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevethegreat

It's impractical at best. I mean I appreciate the time it took for you to write this, but linux through chroot is not very useful, it cannot be. It's like trying to run linux on a p3 machine, which is painful to see especially since our machines have the raw power of a fast core 2 duo (if cross platform benchs are to be believed).

Actually there are several Linux applications I would like to run, which require very little processing power and I believe would run just fine.
WikidPad and FreeMind are the obvious ones for me; but I also have a proprietary simulation package that would probably benefit from running slower

Their value to me would because they are always available so using them would lack the friction I currently endure- I have to be at home to use them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread