Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

New update P600UEUCNK1

OP blinkingled

24th November 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Just got a 7.45MB quick update that had the standard update message - "Stability and security fixes are included. Thank you for choosing Samsung!"

I think it might have fixed the screen mirroring cannot be started bug - haven't had any trouble with it after the update, whereas before it would mostly fail.

Edit: Also noticing a recurrence of Chromecast notifications when casting. Those disappeared after the last update. I think. No crashes so that's great.
Last edited by blinkingled; 24th November 2014 at 09:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blinkingled For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Calabasas
Thanks Meter: 20
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Just got the update too. I'm able to screen mirror to my roku3, whereas before the update I'd get hardware errors. Movies now stream, though it gets pixalated. Think that's cause miracast is still in beta for Roku's.
26th November 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Fullerton, CA
Thanks Meter: 5
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I haven't been able to try out the screen mirroring functions, but I'm glad to say that the homescreen seems more responsive after the update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
26th November 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GitAlongLilDoggies

Just got the update too. I'm able to screen mirror to my roku3, whereas before the update I'd get hardware errors. Movies now stream, though it gets pixalated. Think that's cause miracast is still in beta for Roku's.

I played a full H264 movie on my Microsoft DisplayAdapter and it did not appear pixelated but the tablet was bit slow when the movie was playing- I've got a Roku3 as well, will try it out later.
Battery life seems to be somewhat better after the update - drain is less when using the screen and the tablet continues to be smooth.
27th November 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
California
Thanks Meter: 53
 
389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkingled

Just got a 7.45MB quick update that had the standard update message - "Stability and security fixes are included. Thank you for choosing Samsung!"

I think it might have fixed the screen mirroring cannot be started bug - haven't had any trouble with it after the update, whereas before it would mostly fail.

Edit: Also noticing a recurrence of Chromecast notifications when casting. Those disappeared after the last update. I think. No crashes so that's great.

Yep, got the OTA yesterday, not sure what it changes. There was also an OTA for the Tab Pro 8.4, but that one was larger.
28th November 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #6  
GldRush98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 279
 
2,229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
More
Updated last night from NI1. Small bug fix update I'm guessing. Hope it'll fix the sound glitch I've experienced a couple times.
29th November 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldRush98

Updated last night from NI1. Small bug fix update I'm guessing. Hope it'll fix the sound glitch I've experienced a couple times.

What is your glitch? I get something that happens once in a while where the sound is very low resolution and sounds over modulated.

Seems to happen most after playing Clash of Clans.
30th November 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #8  
GldRush98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 279
 
2,229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
More
I've had it do that once and I've had it sound "sped up" once.
5th December 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Thumbs up
And now there's a 4+ Mb CNK2 update. This is more update than I am used to from Samsung. Hopefully this continues and we get to 5.0.4 fairly sooner than usual

No idea what the update actually fixes.
5th December 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
No official samsung changelog?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes