Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Brazil] SM-P601 KitKat 4.4.2 for ZTO [P601UBUCNF1]

Tip us?

Ronis_BR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Default [Brazil] SM-P601 KitKat 4.4.2 for ZTO [P601UBUCNF1]

Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that I have just received an OTA update with the unbranded Kitkat ROM for the Brazilian Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (3G+WIFI).

I will use it for one day and then I will post my considerations about this ROM.

Thanks,
Ronan

Sent from my SM-P601 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403847317100.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	2819829  
If my post was useful, please, hit the Thanks button!
I don't accept donations... if you want to donate your money, do it to anyone who tries to maintain Linux free.
Although, you can help me veeery much by signing up and installing Dropbox (it can be uninstalled after) using the link: http://db.tt/AomCGla
It is free and will give us additional 250 MiB for storage space, which will help me very much!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ronis_BR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ronis_BR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Download link: http://samsung-updates.com/details/3...01UBUCNF1.html

ROM information:

PDA:*P601UBUCNF1
CSC:*P601ZTOCNE1
MODEM: P601UBUCNE1
CHANGELIST:*1058172
BUILD DATE:*02.06.2014

I don't accept donations... if you want to donate your money, do it to anyone who tries to maintain Linux free.
Although, you can help me veeery much by signing up and installing Dropbox (it can be uninstalled after) using the link: http://db.tt/AomCGla
It is free and will give us additional 250 MiB for storage space, which will help me very much!

samcortez
Old
Thanks Meter 24
If someone could please create a mirror, I'd be really happy. My internet is already slow and then these mirror even reduce download speed. ):

msbearbr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im Brasilian too and instaled the Panama version.

Worth it to change to ZTO or is same thing?

diogo_franco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Rooted PANAMA 4.4.2 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronis_BR View Post
Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that I have just received an OTA update with the unbranded Kitkat ROM for the Brazilian Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (3G+WIFI).

I will use it for one day and then I will post my considerations about this ROM.

Thanks,
Ronan

Hello Ronis!
I've rooted my device after install the PANAMANIAN version of kitkat to be able to write over external sd (Just a week ago).
I wonder if the Brazilian released 4.4.2 version is better then Panamanian version. One is from January and the another one from june.
You know if is possible to install the Brazilian over the Panamanian version via ODIN, leaving the device rooted? I mean: just overwrite.
Thanks!!!

Ronis_BR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I did not used the Panama version to give a good comparison with the ZTO. I think it is possible to overwrite the Panama version with ZTO but it CAN trigger you knox counter, so please be very careful!

The ZTO ROM is amazing. Comparing to 4.3, the tablet is much more smooth and Hancom office is much better than Polaris. So far, I did not notice any bugs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

msbearbr
Old
(Last edited by msbearbr; 1st July 2014 at 04:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronis_BR View Post
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I did not used the Panama version to give a good comparison with the ZTO. I think it is possible to overwrite the Panama version with ZTO but it CAN trigger you knox counter, so please be very careful!

The ZTO ROM is amazing. Comparing to 4.3, the tablet is much more smooth and Hancom office is much better than Polaris. So far, I did not notice any bugs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think its possible and safe cuz both are stock versions... i will try... i updated once from 4.3 zto to 4.4 panama and not trigger knoxx crap...

diogo_franco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbearbr View Post
I think its possible and safe cuz both are stock versions... i will try... i updated once from 4.3 zto to 4.4 panama and not trigger knoxx crap...
So you gonna install the Brazilian version over the Pamamanian version? Is your device rooted?
Sorry but I don´t understand enough to know about knoxx;
Once I rooted I trigger the knoxx?

msbearbr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_franco View Post
So you gonna install the Brazilian version over the Pamamanian version? Is your device rooted?
Sorry but I don´t understand enough to know about knoxx;
Once I rooted I trigger the knoxx?
No, my device is stock non rooted.

Depends what kind of root you use you can trigger knox.

For exemple CF-AUTOROOT will trigger knox, Towelroot dont .... (but towellroot doesnt work on P601 yet).

diogo_franco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbearbr View Post
No, my device is stock non rooted.

Depends what kind of root you use you can trigger knox.

For exemple CF-AUTOROOT will trigger knox, Towelroot dont .... (but towellroot doesnt work on P601 yet).

Unfortunately I used CF-Auto-Root; by de way I tried with Towelroot but didn't work.
I'm wondering about the warranty, until march 2015;
I was getting stressed because de extSD (couldn't write on it) and then (as I did in another cellphone) I rooted it.

I saw a video in with the guy Reset the Binary Counter on Galaxy S4;
please search for: How to Reset Flash / Binary Counter on Galaxy S4! - Triangle Away App

You think that it would applicable to our devices?

My major question is about install the Brazilian version over the Panamanian version. Is it better? compiled in june as panamanian in january...

I checked and they just change one letter (E to F) as follows:
BRAZILIAN
PDA: P601UBUCNF1 E->F
CSC: P601ZTOCNE1 (equal)
MODEM: P601UBUCNE1 (equal)

PANAMANIAN
PDA: P601UBUCNE1
CSC: P601UUBCNE1
MODEM: P601UBUCNE1

Is just download the Brazilian compilation and apply It using Odin?

TKS!