Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat for SM-P600 in Europe

Tip us?

Giulio_tami
Old
(Last edited by Giulio_tami; 8th August 2014 at 03:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kitkat for SM-P600 in Europe

Hi!Last May Samsung released the update to android 4.4.2 for SM-P600 (WiFi model) in spain (PHE). Nowadays Samsung hasn't realised the update for any other European county yet .Does anybody knows why?

periswell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
...because....Samsung. Sorry, no one knows why, we assume bug fixing but I doubt those at Samsung have a good excuse other than they can't be bothered. Take solace in the fact that when it will be released, it hopefully will be completely bug free, but don't count on it!

thomlh
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by periswell View Post
...because....Samsung. Sorry, no one knows why, we assume bug fixing but I doubt those at Samsung have a good excuse other than they can't be bothered. Take solace in the fact that when it will be released, it hopefully will be completely bug free, but don't count on it!
I've given up on ever getting it. Mine is OK without kitkat though so I am not bothered. Especially as I will be getting the nexus 8/9 when it arrives. Samsung cannot keep up with the range of devices they have.

babblerx
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default KitKat...when? Who knows?...Do Samsung care?

Who knows? There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to Samsung's firmware update schedule.

It usually doesn't bother me as when you read around, most of the other manufacturers are just as bad. Lately though, Samsung seem to have gotten progressively worse with their firmware updates.

In the case of the SM-P600 I bought this as it was their latest tablet at the time of buying (Christmas 2013) and I thought it would be a prime candidate for a quick update. How wrong could i be?

I've always favoured Samsung hardware over other stuff (not sure why, I just like their stuff) but the firmware update debacle with their phones and tablets is seriously making me think about a switch to a Nexus next time round. At least you know what you're getting with a vanilla Google phone.

Come on Samsung, pull your finger out!!
The Following User Says Thank You to babblerx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lympe
Old
Thanks Meter 19
They just don't care and they wonder why their sales are constantly falling...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Lympe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lympe View Post
They just don't care and they wonder why their sales are constantly falling...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Exactly!

Some days I think who cares about the update but then I tell myself why do I settle for this aweful service from Samsung ... I have an S3 and safe to say I wont buy a Samsung phone anytime soon and I'm hopeing in a couple of years time when I upgrade my tablet there is something equal or better than this Note 2014 because Samsung are a joke with the updates. Last update for UK was November - 9 Months ago! Samsung clearly don't care and tbh I no longer care for Samsung and I have actually been talking many people out of buying Samsung products because of this.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII

uiterlix
Old
Thanks Meter 65
The Note 10.1 2014 is definitely the last samsung mobile product I'll ever buy. In the future I'll stick with Apple and Google as they provide updates for a decent amount of time. Heck, my iPhone 4S is even running the latest software ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy View Post
Exactly!

Some days I think who cares about the update but then I tell myself why do I settle for this aweful service from Samsung ... I have an S3 and safe to say I wont buy a Samsung phone anytime soon and I'm hopeing in a couple of years time when I upgrade my tablet there is something equal or better than this Note 2014 because Samsung are a joke with the updates. Last update for UK was November - 9 Months ago! Samsung clearly don't care and tbh I no longer care for Samsung and I have actually been talking many people out of buying Samsung products because of this.

Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II 16GB
LPO
The Following User Says Thank You to uiterlix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rushless
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Why would people want the kitkat release? Battery life is less and you lose card writes for third party apps. My 2014 is much better staying now with 4.3. Battery life is better and all of my apps work fine with writing to the sd card. Only catch is 128gb cards ironically do not work with 4.3. 64g are fine though.

Geordie Affy
Old
(Last edited by Geordie Affy; 24th August 2014 at 07:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushless View Post
Why would people want the kitkat release? Battery life is less and you lose card writes for third party apps. My 2014 is much better staying now with 4.3. Battery life is better and all of my apps work fine with writing to the sd card. Only catch is 128gb cards ironically do not work with 4.3. 64g are fine though.
Well i read battery is a equal and initially I was annoyed at the sd card restrictions but I've noticed lately it wont realy affect me.

Kitkat is meant to be faster and also lately my note crashes ... no idea why as I havent messed about with anything, this is exactly what happened to my S3, fine at first and slowly starts to slow. Simple as Samsung are rubbish, all too common issues and they aint getting my money in the future.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
The Following User Says Thank You to Geordie Affy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edthesped
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiterlix View Post
The Note 10.1 2014 is definitely the last samsung mobile product I'll ever buy. In the future I'll stick with Apple and Google as they provide updates for a decent amount of time. Heck, my iPhone 4S is even running the latest software ...
Same here, it will take a lot to get me to buy another samsung phone. As I sit here watching my loudly buzzing samsung plasma tv....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk