Any rumours about plans to get android 5.0

1st September 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 13

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

The Note-series is and always has been about creation and productivity. Good luck trying to replicate that on a Nexus device. Many people here bought the N10.1-14 for consumption which really undersells its value, uniqueness, and potential. To each their own.

The N10.1-14, Pro's, and S' all use the same h/w and with the exception of M-UX being omitted on the N10.1-14 similar s/w. The S' will most likely get 5.0 first. It wouldn't be hard to port the code to the Pro's and N10.1-14 shortly thereafter. With 4.4 having been rolled out months ago for the N10.1-14 and N10.1-12 it's hard to believe some regions are still on 4.3. But it's hard to believe the almost two-year old N10.1-12 got 4.4 at all. So who knows what any specific device will get or when. My personal guess is that the N10.1-14 will get 5.0 primarily because of its commonality with other device definitely getting it. Timing? Who know. Time will tell.

I am not terribly creative so no problem there, as for productivity I love the dual screen and the pen but I find the poor responsiveness and lag so irritating that I give up after a while and revert to a keyboard or even my laptop. Maybe kitkat will help if it ever comes to the uk note. My S4 has had so many problems not least of all being the fire.
I had a Nexus 7 for a while and loved it, if it had had an spen it would have been perfect.
1st September 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #22  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlh

I am not terribly creative so no problem there, as for productivity I love the dual screen and the pen but I find the poor responsiveness and lag so irritating that I give up after a while and revert to a keyboard or even my laptop. Maybe kitkat will help if it ever comes to the uk note. My S4 has had so many problems not least of all being the fire.
I had a Nexus 7 for a while and loved it, if it had had an spen it would have been perfect.

It's a shame and hard to understand how a major region like the UK is still on 4.3. 4.4 made the N10.1-14 a totally different device performance and function wise. It's probably Samsung's best performing high-end tablet now. The lag people on the Pro and S forums are complaining about is most likely due to the addition of M-UX which we were able to avoid. The next time I'm in Brazil I'm going to buy a SM-P605M that has U.S. LTE bands to replace my SM-P601. That's how happy with it I am. Again, to each their own.
1st September 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #23  
Flag All Your Base
Thanks Meter: 743

1,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bought 605 on thursday, got 4.4.2 OTA same day (Norway)
4th September 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 251

1,687 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

It's a shame and hard to understand how a major region like the UK is still on 4.3. 4.4 made the N10.1-14 a totally different device performance and function wise. It's probably Samsung's best performing high-end tablet now. The lag people on the Pro and S forums are complaining about is most likely due to the addition of M-UX which we were able to avoid. The next time I'm in Brazil I'm going to buy a SM-P605M that has U.S. LTE bands to replace my SM-P601. That's how happy with it I am. Again, to each their own.

they really need to split the "skin" from the OS. let us update via google and get Touchwiz, Sense, or whatever as an installable option later. the crappy part will still be the wait on official drivers.
8th September 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 12

140 posts
Surely they will release 5.0 for tab S and developers can it work for us? Just a thought
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread