Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SM-P605 Rooting issue

Tip us?

kypreo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Smile [Q] SM-P605 Rooting issue

Hi all

Hope you are well, I have been trying to root my Galaxy Note 2014 SM-P605 to resolve external card issue. I have bought this in Australia from Optus but couldn't find the original rom so I reflashed it using the Nordic rom P605XXUCNE2 and everything works fine.

I used the CF-Auto-Root-lt03lte-lt03ltexx-smp605.tar.md5 and flashed via Odin, upon reboot the unit experienced a soft brick where the unit would constantly reboot and the display was fuzzy with lines, at this point I struggled to even get download mode or recovery up but eventually managed download mode by holding in vol down, power & home all at once.

I then reflashed using the P605XXUCNE2 firmware. The question I have is before I try towelroot is, do I have to Sim unlock the unit? How can even determine if there is a Sim lock? I can confirm that Knox was not triggered.

Any assistance would be most welcomed.

kypreo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Guys

I have managed to resolve this issue by using Geohot's Towelroot, I highly recommend that you use this, it will not trip Knox, unfortunately I had already tried CF Root with no success and it tripped Knox thus invalidating my warranty.

Do your research before you rush, this has bitten me on the ass in terms of warranty, hopefully I don't develop any issues in this warranty period, be aware that Towelroot will not change Knox, thanks.

leonieksims
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default custom rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypreo View Post
Guys

I have managed to resolve this issue by using Geohot's Towelroot, I highly recommend that you use this, it will not trip Knox, unfortunately I had already tried CF Root with no success and it tripped Knox thus invalidating my warranty.

Do your research before you rush, this has bitten me on the ass in terms of warranty, hopefully I don't develop any issues in this warranty period, be aware that Towelroot will not change Knox, thanks.
HI, i was wondering if i could pick your brain and ask some questions and receive a reply that i can understand. I have switched over to Android from iOS and have used towelroot on my 10.1 2014 tablet but things are not running smoothly. I get so many crashes etc that i would like to perhaps do more to the device like a custom rom. are you using one and if so which one?
thanks