[Q] Nvidia to Note 2014

Search This thread

JunoZXV

Nov 2, 2013
Ok, so this is a really silly idea, is there a way to use my Note 10.1 as a secondary monitor from my graphics card? I'm using an ASUS MARS 760 with a DVI converter and was wondering if it was possible to plug it into the HDMI to MiniUSB on my note and use the note as a 2560X1600 Display. The main reason is so that I can have a 299 DPI while playing Watchdogs/Skyrim. The Operating system of the display computer is Window 8.1 SP1

A further question is, while using this set up is there a way to use the Speakers, Wacom pressure touchscreen and the front camera built into the note as well? Essentially making this thing a hybrid of a Ciniq and an all in one monitor and an intended touch screen for Windows 8.1. The graphics card also has a Mini Displayport output.
Thanks!

Last edited:

JunoZXV

Nov 2, 2013
So an update:

TwoMon and iDisplay work great as a second monitor if you're using the graphics from the processor via usb, so games that are meant to work with intel graphics go without much of a hitch (save for the 40FPS of the programs... but I don't know much about modding apk files. Let alone screen refresh rates). So far no go with the graphics card. I still haven't figured out if there's a way to get a tablet to accept input via an HML cable. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or am I just wasting my time on a futile effort?

Freakstyler

Apr 21, 2014
MHL etc on Tablets and Phones is strictly for output. Which is a shame, as using it for such things could be cool.

Sent from my SM-P600

Reactions: JunoZXV

deV14nt

Jul 1, 2009
Ok, so this is a really silly idea, is there a way to use my Note 10.1 as a secondary monitor from my graphics card? I'm using an ASUS MARS 760 with a DVI converter and was wondering if it was possible to plug it into the HDMI to MiniUSB on my note and use the note as a 2560X1600 Display. The main reason is so that I can have a 299 DPI while playing Watchdogs/Skyrim. The Operating system of the display computer is Window 8.1 SP1

A further question is, while using this set up is there a way to use the Speakers, Wacom pressure touchscreen and the front camera built into the note as well? Essentially making this thing a hybrid of a Ciniq and an all in one monitor and an intended touch screen for Windows 8.1. The graphics card also has a Mini Displayport output.
Thanks!

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, but I've been thinking about using my tablet as a second screen or remote display for Win8. I plan to get Microsoft's Remote Desktop for Android, but need to get the 8.1 Pro upgrade to make it work. I might also try JUMP Desktop, which also requires 8.1 Pro, and has full touchscreen support, making it just like using a Win 8.1 tablet, but remotely. I have a good university network so it should work well from all over campus. I'm just hoping I can get the full resolution and can do it headless with just a desktop with no monitor and my old GTS 450 in it. Almost definitely not good enough lag-wise for gaming though.

warboat

Dec 20, 2005
Melbourne
Remote Desktop?

How about just running a remote desktop like Splashtop and using it like a windows tablet.
Try and get the fastest wireless connection you can setup and it should work pretty reasonably fast as a remote desktop.

JunoZXV

Nov 2, 2013
MHL etc on Tablets and Phones is strictly for output. Which is a shame, as using it for such things could be cool.

Sent from my SM-P600

Dangit. Well at least that's what I was looking for. Do you think it might be possible to find a cable that could take an HDMI and put it to USB micro? Or perhaps Mini Display Port?
@deV14nt
I need it to be wired. Doing gaming via wireless is really laggy. Basically I'm trying to use my tablet as a 1600p monitor for gaming. Wireless would cause too much latency. I'll look into JUMP desktop and Remote desktop to see if the pressure sensitivity can work for drawing.
@warboat
I'll give splashtop a try too.

What I'm trying to do is have a high resolution display with a PPI of 299 so that way I can play my games and see the entire screen on 10 instead of 24+ inches. From far enough away I should be able to make out what's going on my tablet without grain and just see the polygons. Making the most of Anti Aliasing.

talz13

Mar 9, 2009
Avon, OH
Dangit. Well at least that's what I was looking for. Do you think it might be possible to find a cable that could take an HDMI and put it to USB micro? Or perhaps Mini Display Port?

@deV14nt
I need it to be wired. Doing gaming via wireless is really laggy. Basically I'm trying to use my tablet as a 1600p monitor for gaming. Wireless would cause too much latency. I'll look into JUMP desktop and Remote desktop to see if the pressure sensitivity can work for drawing.

@warboat
I'll give splashtop a try too.

What I'm trying to do is have a high resolution display with a PPI of 299 so that way I can play my games and see the entire screen on 10 instead of 24+ inches. From far enough away I should be able to make out what's going on my tablet without grain and just see the polygons. Making the most of Anti Aliasing.

Are you going to be gaming on the 10" screen at your desk, or you want it as a portability option? To play while you're connected to the school LAN from across campus?

Soul0Reaper

Jun 21, 2012

Thanks!
You do realize that when your as far away from your monitor as you should be, that dpi is pointless? Its the same reason why only really huge tvs need 4k.

JunoZXV

Nov 2, 2013
Are you going to be gaming on the 10" screen at your desk, or you want it as a portability option? To play while you're connected to the school LAN from across campus?

Wired. I want to take the output of my graphics card and put it into the 10" screen. While playing across a range would be sweet, there's only a few devices that Iknow that can do that wirelessly, and that's because they have TEGRA 4 chips but they don't have high enough resolution. Doing a wired connection means that the tablet doesn't die from power drain and has direct reception from the graphics card.

You do realize that when your as far away from your monitor as you should be, that dpi is pointless? Its the same reason why only really huge tvs need 4k.

Yes, I do realize. I have eyes. However, your questions don't really help. I'm trying to get the output of a graphics card and use my tablet as the monitor. IT's not a matter of pointless DPI, it's a matter of using a table as a display for high end graphics.

The reason for the 10 inch real estate is to cut down on space as well as the effect of tunnel vision. Having 2560x1600 pixels in a smaller real estate enables me to see everything on screen in one view instead of having to shift my gaze momentairly to glance the corners.

deV14nt

Jul 1, 2009
I used to think that too. But I saw data on what DPI humans could perceive at a given distance. It's definitely way higher than I thought at 1-2 feet. We still have a ways to go past 300 DPI, regardless of what Apple might say about Retina.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Soul0Reaper

Jun 21, 2012
Wired. I want to take the output of my graphics card and put it into the 10" screen. While playing across a range would be sweet, there's only a few devices that Iknow that can do that wirelessly, and that's because they have TEGRA 4 chips but they don't have high enough resolution. Doing a wired connection means that the tablet doesn't die from power drain and has direct reception from the graphics card.

Yes, I do realize. I have eyes. However, your questions don't really help. I'm trying to get the output of a graphics card and use my tablet as the monitor. IT's not a matter of pointless DPI, it's a matter of using a table as a display for high end graphics.

The reason for the 10 inch real estate is to cut down on space as well as the effect of tunnel vision. Having 2560x1600 pixels in a smaller real estate enables me to see everything on screen in one view instead of having to shift my gaze momentairly to glance the corners.
As far as I know, there is no native solution to make the tablet act like a regular display that accepts input, you could try taking it apart and hack something together I suppose. To the best of my knowledge, sitting the recommended distance from 27 inch monitor let's you see all of it in one view easily. Basically unless you really just want to have a tiny tablet monitor for the sake of having it, there really isn't a reason. I could definitely get behind having a cheapo wacom slate tho lol.

JunoZXV

Nov 2, 2013
As far as I know, there is no native solution to make the tablet act like a regular display that accepts input, you could try taking it apart and hack something together I suppose. To the best of my knowledge, sitting the recommended distance from 27 inch monitor let's you see all of it in one view easily. Basically unless you really just want to have a tiny tablet monitor for the sake of having it, there really isn't a reason. I could definitely get behind having a cheapo wacom slate tho lol.

Well it's been a while. I manged to get the tablet to work up to 40 frames using the USB to Micro cable However this is using a third party app and it's laggy as all heck when it comes to gaming (Display wise it is pretty, so movies are a go-go). It does however work great for non intensive things like Office or internet browsing.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to create a driver that will enable me to have it preform the way I want (by reversing the input of the HDMI to Micro USB)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-P600

Thanks!

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, but I've been thinking about using my tablet as a second screen or remote display for Win8. I plan to get Microsoft's Remote Desktop for Android, but need to get the 8.1 Pro upgrade to make it work. I might also try JUMP Desktop, which also requires 8.1 Pro, and has full touchscreen support, making it just like using a Win 8.1 tablet, but remotely. I have a good university network so it should work well from all over campus. I'm just hoping I can get the full resolution and can do it headless with just a desktop with no monitor and my old GTS 450 in it. Almost definitely not good enough lag-wise for gaming though.
    Remote Desktop?

How about just running a remote desktop like Splashtop and using it like a windows tablet.
    Try and get the fastest wireless connection you can setup and it should work pretty reasonably fast as a remote desktop.