Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

New Device Playing Background Music

OP parcou

8th July 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
TN
Thanks Meter: 50

696 posts
Just got this device and when it sits for a while it begins plays music in the background...puts you in mind of being at a Spa...has water sounds to it. It is the same sound just looping over and over.

I have looked at every setting and options and I cannot find the sound source at all. Does not do it all the time but I cannot track where this sound comes from when device sits for a while...

Sounds crazy but anyone have this experience on new 4.4.2 device?
8th July 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 719

1,482 posts
More
Do you have an alarm set?
9th July 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
TN

696 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup

Do you have an alarm set?

No...I use AlarmDroid but not installed yet and none created on device in Alarms
9th July 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,376

2,854 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou

Just got this device and when it sits for a while it begins plays music in the background...puts you in mind of being at a Spa...has water sounds to it. It is the same sound just looping over and over.

I have looked at every setting and options and I cannot find the sound source at all. Does not do it all the time but I cannot track where this sound comes from when device sits for a while...

Sounds crazy but anyone have this experience on new 4.4.2 device?

Since you just got this device I take it you're not rooted. Otherwise you could install App Ops via xposed installer and go to Media and control what apps are using Media function of your device (Screenshot is from my Nexus 4 but its the same for the Note, I was too lazy to go get it )

Are you sure there's no alarm apps, or maybe live wallpapers? Or maybe if you side loaded an apk then maybe it could be that. I'm just pulling at straws.

Post a list of installed user apps and I'll take a look and see if anything seems out of the ordinary

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404863575593.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	2841065

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
9th July 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
TN

696 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22

Since you just got this device I take it you're not rooted. Otherwise you could install App Ops via xposed installer and go to Media and control what apps are using Media function of your device (Screenshot is from my Nexus 4 but its the same for the Note, I was too lazy to go get it )

Are you sure there's no alarm apps, or maybe live wallpapers? Or maybe if you side loaded an apk then maybe it could be that. I'm just pulling at straws.

Post a list of installed user apps and I'll take a look and see if anything seems out of the ordinary

Attachment 2841065

Thx...I am rooted and opened Xposed and loaded Apps OPS...so I need wait until sound comes back and look under Media to see if something is there?

This is a nice tool iHeart ready always pop-up in notification area when I have not used for days...wonder can this app kill that as well?
9th July 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,376

2,854 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou

Thx...I am rooted and opened Xposed and loaded Apps OPS...so I need wait until sound comes back and look under Media to see if something is there?

This is a nice tool iHeart ready always pop-up in notification area when I have not used for days...wonder can this app kill that as well?

Yeah, you should see it running under media and then you can just block access.

The same applies to the other heart app you were taking about. You can also block notifications in App Ops. There's also another way to do this. Go to settings-apps, select the Heart one and press the 'show notifications button'

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread