Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 51,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Device Playing Background Music

Tip us?
 
parcou
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 685
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TN
Default New Device Playing Background Music

Just got this device and when it sits for a while it begins plays music in the background...puts you in mind of being at a Spa...has water sounds to it. It is the same sound just looping over and over.

I have looked at every setting and options and I cannot find the sound source at all. Does not do it all the time but I cannot track where this sound comes from when device sits for a while...

Sounds crazy but anyone have this experience on new 4.4.2 device?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (rooted only) by VZW
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted Beans) by VZW
Samsung Gear (rooted NULL)
Samsung Gear 2


_________________________
(retired) Samsung Galaxy S3
(retired) HTC Thunderbolt
(retired) HTC Incredible 2
(retired) HTC Incredible
(retired) HTC TouchPro 2
(retired) HTC TouchPro
(retired) HTC 6800
...All Verizon Wireless
 
kcrudup
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 713
Posts: 1,473
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Do you have an alarm set?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)
 
parcou
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 685
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
Do you have an alarm set?
No...I use AlarmDroid but not installed yet and none created on device in Alarms
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (rooted only) by VZW
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted Beans) by VZW
Samsung Gear (rooted NULL)
Samsung Gear 2


_________________________
(retired) Samsung Galaxy S3
(retired) HTC Thunderbolt
(retired) HTC Incredible 2
(retired) HTC Incredible
(retired) HTC TouchPro 2
(retired) HTC TouchPro
(retired) HTC 6800
...All Verizon Wireless
 
22sl22
Old
#4  
22sl22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1975
Posts: 2,511
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
Just got this device and when it sits for a while it begins plays music in the background...puts you in mind of being at a Spa...has water sounds to it. It is the same sound just looping over and over.

I have looked at every setting and options and I cannot find the sound source at all. Does not do it all the time but I cannot track where this sound comes from when device sits for a while...

Sounds crazy but anyone have this experience on new 4.4.2 device?
Since you just got this device I take it you're not rooted. Otherwise you could install App Ops via xposed installer and go to Media and control what apps are using Media function of your device (Screenshot is from my Nexus 4 but its the same for the Note, I was too lazy to go get it )

Are you sure there's no alarm apps, or maybe live wallpapers? Or maybe if you side loaded an apk then maybe it could be that. I'm just pulling at straws.

Post a list of installed user apps and I'll take a look and see if anything seems out of the ordinary

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404863575593.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	2841065

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Press the thanks button if I helped you


FactoryMod Rom with HoloMirage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ooted-t2771527

Note 2014 P600 KitKat Mirrors & Guide to Update+Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

Android File Host: Theming Resources & More: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17577

My Dev-Host Stuff: http://d-h.st/users/22sl22

Vanir Rom Modifications: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454287
 
parcou
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 685
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22 View Post
Since you just got this device I take it you're not rooted. Otherwise you could install App Ops via xposed installer and go to Media and control what apps are using Media function of your device (Screenshot is from my Nexus 4 but its the same for the Note, I was too lazy to go get it )

Are you sure there's no alarm apps, or maybe live wallpapers? Or maybe if you side loaded an apk then maybe it could be that. I'm just pulling at straws.

Post a list of installed user apps and I'll take a look and see if anything seems out of the ordinary

Attachment 2841065

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thx...I am rooted and opened Xposed and loaded Apps OPS...so I need wait until sound comes back and look under Media to see if something is there?

This is a nice tool iHeart ready always pop-up in notification area when I have not used for days...wonder can this app kill that as well?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (rooted only) by VZW
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted Beans) by VZW
Samsung Gear (rooted NULL)
Samsung Gear 2


_________________________
(retired) Samsung Galaxy S3
(retired) HTC Thunderbolt
(retired) HTC Incredible 2
(retired) HTC Incredible
(retired) HTC TouchPro 2
(retired) HTC TouchPro
(retired) HTC 6800
...All Verizon Wireless
 
22sl22
Old
#6  
22sl22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1975
Posts: 2,511
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
Thx...I am rooted and opened Xposed and loaded Apps OPS...so I need wait until sound comes back and look under Media to see if something is there?

This is a nice tool iHeart ready always pop-up in notification area when I have not used for days...wonder can this app kill that as well?
Yeah, you should see it running under media and then you can just block access.

The same applies to the other heart app you were taking about. You can also block notifications in App Ops. There's also another way to do this. Go to settings-apps, select the Heart one and press the 'show notifications button'

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Press the thanks button if I helped you


FactoryMod Rom with HoloMirage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ooted-t2771527

Note 2014 P600 KitKat Mirrors & Guide to Update+Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

Android File Host: Theming Resources & More: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17577

My Dev-Host Stuff: http://d-h.st/users/22sl22

Vanir Rom Modifications: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454287
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more