FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Device not recognised by PC when in download mode

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ForrieDave, Junior Member on 25th November 2015, 01:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I am still on Android 4.3 and have previously rooted my device. Trying to connect on a Windows 8.1 PC.
Recently I did a factory reset and now I get errors when setting up - "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped" - after the device name.
I am trying to unroot my device and upgrade to 4.4.2 but I cannot get the device recognised in download mode (power + volume down + home).
I have tried different USB cables, different ports and different PCs and the only difference is that all but one USB port shows the "device descriptor request failed" error in device manager. On one port I can see it when powered on and connected, and it is recognised in Kies and Odin. As soon as I put it in download mode I get an error and the device won't start and I get the "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error.
I have nothing I need to get off the device, so am happy to try anything to get the device recognised so I can re-flash some firmware!
Any help would be most appreciated...
Thanks

25th November 2015, 03:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,816

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrieDave

Hi all,
I am still on Android 4.3 and have previously rooted my device. Trying to connect on a Windows 8.1 PC.
Recently I did a factory reset and now I get errors when setting up - "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped" - after the Dropbox offer.
I am trying to unroot my device and upgrade to 4.4.2 but I cannot get the device recognised in download mode (power + volume down + home).
I have tried different USB cables, different ports and different PCs and the only difference is that all but one USB port shows the "device descriptor request failed" error in device manager. On one port I can see it when powered on and connected, and it is recognised in Kies and Odin. As soon as I put it in download mode I get an error and the device won't start and I get the "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error.
I have nothing I need to get off the device, so am happy to try anything to get the device recognised so I can re-flash some firmware!
Any help would be most appreciated...
Thanks

Check make sure USB debugging is checked in Developer options and unknown sources in Security settings are checked.
25th November 2015, 08:01 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Check make sure USB debugging is checked in Developer options and unknown sources in Security settings are checked.

Thanks buhohitr, I made sure they were checked and same errors.
26th November 2015, 05:47 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I was wondering if it possible to load new firmware via the recovery menu? Like load the firmware onto sdcard or something?
Just trying to think of a way to flash firmware without a PC. I found a mobile Odin by Chainfire but this device is not supported.
Any thoughts?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)