Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Disable smartcover behavior

OP Zaruski

1st July 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a book cover my my Note 10 2014, and I find the smartcover behavior not so "smart". It is, in fact, extremely stupid and turns the screen on and off at completely random times. I don't have the same problem when it is off the cover. Props for Samsung for figuring out how to make it sense that it is in the cover (it is not just a light sensor) but the "smart" part of the feature is rather frustrating, and at times infuriating.

Thanks!
1st July 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 728

1,501 posts
More
Perhaps try exchanging covers? Mine works perfectly and is the best accessory I could have bought for it (even paid less than MSRP).
2nd July 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hah. I paid $10 for mine, from China. Maybe that's why it doesn't work so well. Still, there really ought to be a way to disable way to disable any sort of "automatic" feature. For example, it is very easy to disable Smart Stay, Smart Scroll, Smart Pause, automatically connect to wifi, S Beam, NFC, and so on and so forth. All (or most?) of which are on from factory...
4th July 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Muņoz
Thanks Meter: 138

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaruski

I have a book cover my my Note 10 2014, and I find the smartcover behavior not so "smart". It is, in fact, extremely stupid and turns the screen on and off at completely random times. I don't have the same problem when it is off the cover. Props for Samsung for figuring out how to make it sense that it is in the cover (it is not just a light sensor) but the "smart" part of the feature is rather frustrating, and at times infuriating.

Thanks!

Are you using an original Samsung book cover? Some third-party book covers don't have proper magnetic shielding at the front so when you flip it over it affects the screen on-off function of the tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread