Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable smartcover behavior

Tip us?

Zaruski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Disable smartcover behavior

I have a book cover my my Note 10 2014, and I find the smartcover behavior not so "smart". It is, in fact, extremely stupid and turns the screen on and off at completely random times. I don't have the same problem when it is off the cover. Props for Samsung for figuring out how to make it sense that it is in the cover (it is not just a light sensor) but the "smart" part of the feature is rather frustrating, and at times infuriating.

Thanks!

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 716
Perhaps try exchanging covers? Mine works perfectly and is the best accessory I could have bought for it (even paid less than MSRP).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

Zaruski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hah. I paid $10 for mine, from China. Maybe that's why it doesn't work so well. Still, there really ought to be a way to disable way to disable any sort of "automatic" feature. For example, it is very easy to disable Smart Stay, Smart Scroll, Smart Pause, automatically connect to wifi, S Beam, NFC, and so on and so forth. All (or most?) of which are on from factory...

Reiman76
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaruski View Post
I have a book cover my my Note 10 2014, and I find the smartcover behavior not so "smart". It is, in fact, extremely stupid and turns the screen on and off at completely random times. I don't have the same problem when it is off the cover. Props for Samsung for figuring out how to make it sense that it is in the cover (it is not just a light sensor) but the "smart" part of the feature is rather frustrating, and at times infuriating.

Thanks!
Are you using an original Samsung book cover? Some third-party book covers don't have proper magnetic shielding at the front so when you flip it over it affects the screen on-off function of the tablet.
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. ~ Howard Aiken

Current Phone:

LG G2
Rooted stock rom; Kitkat 4.4.2

Current Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
Rooted stock rom; Kitkat 4.4.2