Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Family Guy Memory

OP Gizmo15

2nd August 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
I've been struggling with this issue for weeks and I'm hoping that someone here has an idea on how to help. On my Note Tablet, Family Guy Quest For Stuff is unplayable. The game developer says that it's an issue with the tablet because the error is memory related; Samsung says it's an issue with the app.

I used to be able to play, but a full battery would be dead in about 20 minutes. I searched around and people complained that the game drained the battery but there was no solution. After upgrading to KitKat, the game crashed every time I tried to visit a neighbor. Sometimes I got the error "std:bad_alloc". Often the game would just go back to the desktop without giving an error. I installed aLogcat and sent the log to the developer but they said that it didn't capture the data that they need. At the Play Store, when I filter this game's reviews by device type, I see that all of Note users are having the same problem. The game runs fine on my Galaxy S5 which is running the same version of KitKat as the tablet (4.4.2).

Does anyone have an idea of what I can try? I'm not rooted.
5th August 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I haven't seen a solution yet and since the last two updates I havenít been able to load the game at all. I used to play this game every day and now it just takes up space. If you ever do find a fix please let us know.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
16th August 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhensU

I haven't seen a solution yet and since the last two updates I havenít been able to load the game at all. I used to play this game every day and now it just takes up space. If you ever do find a fix please let us know.

Updated this morning, and it's working now. FINALLY!!!!
16th August 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Yup. Mine has been working for a few days now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread