Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Family Guy Memory

Tip us?

Gizmo15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Family Guy Memory

I've been struggling with this issue for weeks and I'm hoping that someone here has an idea on how to help. On my Note Tablet, Family Guy Quest For Stuff is unplayable. The game developer says that it's an issue with the tablet because the error is memory related; Samsung says it's an issue with the app.

I used to be able to play, but a full battery would be dead in about 20 minutes. I searched around and people complained that the game drained the battery but there was no solution. After upgrading to KitKat, the game crashed every time I tried to visit a neighbor. Sometimes I got the error "std:bad_alloc". Often the game would just go back to the desktop without giving an error. I installed aLogcat and sent the log to the developer but they said that it didn't capture the data that they need. At the Play Store, when I filter this game's reviews by device type, I see that all of Note users are having the same problem. The game runs fine on my Galaxy S5 which is running the same version of KitKat as the tablet (4.4.2).

Does anyone have an idea of what I can try? I'm not rooted.

KhensU
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I haven't seen a solution yet and since the last two updates I havenít been able to load the game at all. I used to play this game every day and now it just takes up space. If you ever do find a fix please let us know.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Gizmo15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhensU View Post
I haven't seen a solution yet and since the last two updates I havenít been able to load the game at all. I used to play this game every day and now it just takes up space. If you ever do find a fix please let us know.

Updated this morning, and it's working now. FINALLY!!!!

KhensU
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yup. Mine has been working for a few days now.