Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Music Sync

Tip us?
 
arty93
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2013
Default Google Play Music Sync

Hi guys,

Quick question... I'm trying to sync music between my note 10.1 2014 and galaxy note 2. I downloaded google play music and I can sync music from my PC to my devices by downloading "music manager" for the PC which uploads them to the server


My question is if I Download a song on my phone can I somehow put it on the google play server so that it syncs to my devices??

....I guess I could copy the song to my computer and then sync it using music manager but that is a lot of steps... Would just like go upload to the server from my note 2
 
buhohitr
Old
#2  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1486
Posts: 5,086
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arty93 View Post
Hi guys,

Quick question... I'm trying to sync music between my note 10.1 2014 and galaxy note 2. I downloaded google play music and I can sync music from my PC to my devices by downloading "music manager" for the PC which uploads them to the server


My question is if I Download a song on my phone can I somehow put it on the google play server so that it syncs to my devices??

....I guess I could copy the song to my computer and then sync it using music manager but that is a lot of steps... Would just like go upload to the server from my note 2
OK, you should setup your sync in a right way so that you could access the SAME content from ANY devices. The source should be store on the cloud so you could access from any devices and from any where. 2 way sync should be used so that when you change/modify/edit from any devices it should update your central source location then sync to all other devices Here how I did mine:
1) On your PC install Google Drive - This will create an offline folder on your PC where it auto sync to your Google drive cloud storage. If you change/modify/add the Google drive on your PC, it will update the Drive on the cloud. For the PC you should allow ALL folders/files to be sync to the cloud.
2) On your device - install "Google Drive" and "Autosync for Google Drive" - On the device, open Autosync for Google Drive and select ONLY folder you want to sync, obviously you don't want to sync other folders, cause you don't need to. In your case, choose Music folder from the Cloud and select 2 way sync. Done
Now if you download songs to your PC, these songs will auto upload to Google Drive (cloud), then sync to ALL of your devices that you configure to sync. Same thing if you download songs to one your device (phone/tablet), it will auto sync to the cloud then again auto sync to your PC and other devices. As you can see your PC and all your devices always in sync, no matter which device you modify or add.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
arty93
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
OK, you should setup your sync in a right way so that you could access the SAME content from ANY devices. The source should be store on the cloud so you could access from any devices and from any where. 2 way sync should be used so that when you change/modify/edit from any devices it should update your central source location then sync to all other devices Here how I did mine:
1) On your PC install Google Drive - This will create an offline folder on your PC where it auto sync to your Google drive cloud storage. If you change/modify/add the Google drive on your PC, it will update the Drive on the cloud. For the PC you should allow ALL folders/files to be sync to the cloud.
2) On your device - install "Google Drive" and "Autosync for Google Drive" - On the device, open Autosync for Google Drive and select ONLY folder you want to sync, obviously you don't want to sync other folders, cause you don't need to. In your case, choose Music folder from the Cloud and select 2 way sync. Done
Now if you download songs to your PC, these songs will auto upload to Google Drive (cloud), then sync to ALL of your devices that you configure to sync. Same thing if you download songs to one your device (phone/tablet), it will auto sync to the cloud then again auto sync to your PC and other devices. As you can see your PC and all your devices always in sync, no matter which device you modify or add.
Thank you! I will try this today... But one quick question if the files are on google drive I can only play them through google drive.... Is there a way I can play them through a music player? Like google music?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
buhohitr
Old
#4  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1486
Posts: 5,086
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arty93 View Post
Thank you! I will try this today... But one quick question if the files are on google drive I can only play them through google drive.... Is there a way I can play them through a music player? Like google music?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Not a problem, if your music stored on Google drive, if you tab on the song, it will ask which player you want to use (what ever players are installed on your device), of course Google play music is in there, you can install third party player like Poweramp etc... and pick one as default player so next time it won't ask to choose anymore.
 
arty93
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Not a problem, if your music stored on Google drive, if you tab on the song, it will ask which player you want to use (what ever players are installed on your device), of course Google play music is in there, you can install third party player like Poweramp etc... and pick one as default player so next time it won't ask to choose anymore.
Exactly what I want but when I play the songs from Google drive they only play individually and I can't hit "next song" and I can't play the next song unless I exit out of the current
song... Is there a folder somewhere so that rather then using a folder on my drive to sync to, I sync to the google play music folder/server ?

What I like about using google music is that all the songs are displayed at once and I can shuffle through them quickly

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
buhohitr
Old
(Last edited by buhohitr; 16th July 2014 at 07:56 PM.)
#6  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1486
Posts: 5,086
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arty93 View Post
Exactly what I want but when I play the songs from Google drive they only play individually and I can't hit "next song" and I can't play the next song unless I exit out of the current
song... Is there a folder somewhere so that rather then using a folder on my drive to sync to, I sync to the google play music folder/server ?

What I like about using google music is that all the songs are displayed at once and I can shuffle through them quickly

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Create the playlist on your PC browser or from the Google Play music app and the playlist will sync to all devices. REMEMBER IN ORDER TO PLAY MUSIC AND PLAYLIST you need to upload all your songs to GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC CLOUD, not google drive cloud.
https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1250213?hl=en
upload music here:
https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/now
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more

Partial Android Wear Source Uploaded to AOSP

2014 is certainly shaping up to be theyear of the wearables. And thanks to its innovative … more