Post Reply

[Q] I need help better understanding the Kitkat SD card restristion

21st August 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
First, I want to say that I have unrooted version of this tablet on Version 4.4.2

After I was forced to up date I knew I would loose some function with my SD card. I thought the restriction were going to be if that app didn't create the file that app couldn't modify it. So today I had tried to create a folder with in a folder within a folder with ES File Manager and it was unable to do so. Is this apart of the regular restrictions? Is there a non root solution that doesn't involve taking the SD card to the computer and then creating the file structure with the app?
21st August 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #2  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 410
 
890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon000

First, I want to say that I have unrooted version of this tablet on Version 4.4.2

After I was forced to up date I knew I would loose some function with my SD card. I thought the restriction were going to be if that app didn't create the file that app couldn't modify it. So today I had tried to create a folder with in a folder within a folder with ES File Manager and it was unable to do so. Is this apart of the regular restrictions? Is there a non root solution that doesn't involve taking the SD card to the computer and then creating the file structure with the app?

Normal........ You need to use the native file manager (my files).
22nd August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

Normal........ You need to use the native file manager (my files).

Thanks for the update on this. I guess the only way to use a non native file manager is root?
22nd August 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #4  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 410
 
890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon000

Thanks for the update on this. I guess the only way to use a non native file manager is root?

Correct.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes