[Q] Hide icon labels on homescreen in TW?

OP JTH182

19th August 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
Does anyone know how to hide the icon labels on the homescreen? I tried XGELS, but it didn't work. I'd rather stay with Touchwiz than getting a different launcher.
21st August 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

178 posts
Assuming you're using the magazine launcher, I've recompiled it to add support for hiding icons in the app drawer. Backup the magazinelauncher.apk in /system/priv-app, and replace it with this file. Change permissions to 644 and reboot.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PwEHmarK!3WFe8U...HwjccnPCNRKpuY
21st August 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786

Assuming you're using the magazine launcher, I've recompiled it to add support for hiding icons in the app drawer. Backup the magazinelauncher.apk in /system/priv-app, and replace it with this file. Change permissions to 644 and reboot.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PwEHmarK!3WFe8U...HwjccnPCNRKpuY

Well I got rid of all the Magazine stuff, but I'm not looking to hide icons in the app drawer anyway. I'm looking to hide LABELS on the home screen.
26th August 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH182

Well I got rid of all the Magazine stuff, but I'm not looking to hide icons in the app drawer anyway. I'm looking to hide LABELS on the home screen.

AFAIK it's not possible with the stock Touchwiz launcher. You'll have to recompile the launcher in order to achieve this.
26th August 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyden

AFAIK it's not possible with the stock Touchwiz launcher. You'll have to recompile the launcher in order to achieve this.

Oh okay, well thanks for the reply
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread