Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hide icon labels on homescreen in TW?

Tip us?

JTH182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Hide icon labels on homescreen in TW?

Does anyone know how to hide the icon labels on the homescreen? I tried XGELS, but it didn't work. I'd rather stay with Touchwiz than getting a different launcher.

Old
Thanks Meter 57
Assuming you're using the magazine launcher, I've recompiled it to add support for hiding icons in the app drawer. Backup the magazinelauncher.apk in /system/priv-app, and replace it with this file. Change permissions to 644 and reboot.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PwEHmarK!3WFe8U...HwjccnPCNRKpuY

JTH182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786 View Post
Assuming you're using the magazine launcher, I've recompiled it to add support for hiding icons in the app drawer. Backup the magazinelauncher.apk in /system/priv-app, and replace it with this file. Change permissions to 644 and reboot.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PwEHmarK!3WFe8U...HwjccnPCNRKpuY

Well I got rid of all the Magazine stuff, but I'm not looking to hide icons in the app drawer anyway. I'm looking to hide LABELS on the home screen.

phyden
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Well I got rid of all the Magazine stuff, but I'm not looking to hide icons in the app drawer anyway. I'm looking to hide LABELS on the home screen.
AFAIK it's not possible with the stock Touchwiz launcher. You'll have to recompile the launcher in order to achieve this.

JTH182
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyden View Post
AFAIK it's not possible with the stock Touchwiz launcher. You'll have to recompile the launcher in order to achieve this.
Oh okay, well thanks for the reply