Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM p607t root/custom roms

Tip us?
 
law16
Old
#1  
law16's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 307
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default SM p607t root/custom roms

Is any method of root or custom ROM compatible with our T Mobile Samsung Note tablet? Coming from a HTC one m7 where all rom were compatible other then CDMA/ GSM
I've used the towelroot but really looking to install aosp on this thing already


Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
Phone:sidekick 08>g1>htc hd2> htc sensation> galaxy s3 tmo > m7> holding out till something better than m8
tablet:Hptouchpad> note 10.1 2014 sm-p607t
 
Prod1702
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 985
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Waconia, MN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by law16 View Post
Is any method of root or custom ROM compatible with our T Mobile Samsung Note tablet? Coming from a HTC one m7 where all rom were compatible other then CDMA/ GSM
I've used the towelroot but really looking to install aosp on this thing already


Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
Your best bet is to ask in the rom thread. I have yet to flash anything on my P607T other then rooting. It looks like Dev work is very slow for this tablet. So you may not get a 100% working AOSP rom any time soon. Stock rom is really fast and sable once you root and deboat it. That is what I am sticking with for awhile.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE
 
dmunjal
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 253
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prod1702 View Post
Your best bet is to ask in the rom thread. I have yet to flash anything on my P607T other then rooting. It looks like Dev work is very slow for this tablet. So you may not get a 100% working AOSP rom any time soon. Stock rom is really fast and sable once you root and deboat it. That is what I am sticking with for awhile.
I'm looking for ROMs too. But I think I'll stay with stock for now. Any recommendations on what apps to debloat?
 
Prod1702
Old
(Last edited by Prod1702; 1st July 2014 at 06:52 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 985
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Waconia, MN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
I'm looking for ROMs too. But I think I'll stay with stock for now. Any recommendations on what apps to debloat?
Your best way is to just use TB and froze whatever you do not want. If you run into problems just unfroze it. If you uninstall and you run into a bootloop you will need to have the stock Odin firmware ready. here is a link to get the stock odin file.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29807
I just uninstalled whatever I did not want. If you google What apps are safe to remove on a Note 3 to debloat, it will pretty much be the same as the 10.1. Both the note 3 and the 10.1 are pretty much the same other then screen.

Edit: I got this list from here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
Here is a a list for the GS4 which as a lot of the apps we have as well
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317714
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE
 
TG2008
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 82
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default unlocking bootloader

I think we need to get the bootloader unlocked to get development on this thing rollin'

I'm willing to lend my device to a well-reputed senior-member/developer and pay shipping both ways if they think they can work some magic for the SM-P607T

Should I make a new post with regards to this?
 
law16
Old
#6  
law16's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 307
Join Date: Oct 2009
Was able to root using this method no Knox either

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785804

Sent from my SM-P607T using XDA Free mobile app
Phone:sidekick 08>g1>htc hd2> htc sensation> galaxy s3 tmo > m7> holding out till something better than m8
tablet:Hptouchpad> note 10.1 2014 sm-p607t
 
Prod1702
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 985
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Waconia, MN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG2008 View Post
I think we need to get the bootloader unlocked to get development on this thing rollin'

I'm willing to lend my device to a well-reputed senior-member/developer and pay shipping both ways if they think they can work some magic for the SM-P607T

Should I make a new post with regards to this?
bootloader is unlocked and there is no problems getting root and current Twrp can be installed which says the bootloader is unlock. if the bootloader was locked you wouldn't be able to flash Twrp. from the looks of it no one has a p607. it is all 605 or the wifi only one p600 and 601. stock rom with root and debloated works great. try a 605 rom. hopefully CM starts to pick up more then we are set.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE
 
amirite
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 90
Join Date: May 2010
Do P605 ROMs even work on a P607T? I've been wondering that myself. I have a 607T and although I am very impressed with the stock ROM it just is never going to measure up to CM for me.

I've been thinking about giving the P605 CM 11 port a try in a few weeks when it's just a bit more stable, but I have no idea how similar they are or if my device would even boot after flashing it!
 
kcrudup
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 713
Posts: 1,474
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirite View Post
Do P605 ROMs even work on a P607T?
Yes.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)
 
TG2008
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 82
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
Anyway to flash the "modem.bin" and "NON-HLOS.bin" flash partitions yet?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes