Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 10.0 2014 Visible Digitizer Matrix

Tip us?
 
drag80
Old
(Last edited by drag80; 15th July 2014 at 07:46 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default [Q] Note 10.0 2014 Visible Digitizer Matrix

Hello everyone. I have been reading forums on this website for a long time and I must say there is tons of useful information over here. So thought I should become a member too.

Recently I Bought Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE version. I was expecting it to be much better that its really is. The display is nice but there is lag on this Tablet. It stutters during web browsing. I have a note 3 also which is much smoother although it has 1.9 Ghz Exynos processor as compared to 2.3 Ghz on this tablet. Anyways I have read on net that may be its because it has double the amount of pixels on display as compared to note 3 therefore it has some amount of lag.

Ok my main question to you guys who already own this tablet. In reflection of light I can see the Digitizer Matrix all along the display. its a bit annoying looks like faint sctraches on the screen. I have used many android devices but never experienced anything like it before. while looking as it directly with no light reflection it is not visible at all but even in faintest light reflection is starts to become visible even with the display on

So is it normal or a defect?

Help would be highly appreciated.
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#2  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4118
Posts: 8,617
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag80 View Post
Hello everyone. I have been reading forums on this website for a long time and I must say there is tons of useful information over here. So thought I should become a member too.

Recently I Bought Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE version. I was expecting it to be much better that its really is. The display is nice but there is lag on this Tablet. It stutters during web browsing. I have a note 3 also which is much smoother although it has 1.9 Ghz Exynos processor as compared to 2.3 Ghz on this tablet. Anyways I have read on net that may be its because it has double the amount of pixels on display as compared to note 3 therefore it has some amount of lag.

Ok my main question to you guys who already own this tablet. In reflection of light I can see the Digitizer Matrix all along the display. its a bit annoying looks like faint sctraches on the screen. I have used many android devices but never experienced anything like it before. while looking as it directly with no light reflection it is not visible at all but even in faintest light reflection is starts to become visible even with the display on

So is it normal or a defect?

Help would be highly appreciated.
Have you used a device with an inductive display before? It puts out an electromagnetic signal which detects the presence of the pen. That's why the display looks different. I've been using mine since November and have never noticed the grid in everyday use. As for lag it pretty much went away with the 4.4 update. If you're already on 4.4 and the display grid is going to bother you return the device while you still can.
 
drag80
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Have you used a device with an inductive display before? It puts out an electromagnetic signal which detects the presence of the pen. That's why the display looks different. I've been using mine since November and have never noticed the grid in everyday use. As for lag it pretty much went away with the 4.4 update. If you're already on 4.4 and the display grid is going to bother you return the device while you still can.
The visible matrix does not bother me too much when in use. The display is still beautiful.

I am still on 4.3 coz 4.4 is not available in my region yet. Lets hope once the update is made available in my region, lag will reduce.

The gaming performance however, is better than on note 3.
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#4  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4118
Posts: 8,617
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag80 View Post
The visible matrix does not bother me too much when in use. The display is still beautiful.

I am still on 4.3 coz 4.4 is not available in my region yet. Lets hope once the update is made available in my region, lag will reduce.

The gaming performance however, is better than on note 3.
4.4 is rolling out painfully slow. What region are you in and what model number N10.1-14 do you have? Chances are you can safely download and install a compatible region's ROM without changing the status of your device or tripping KNOX.
 
drag80
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
4.4 is rolling out painfully slow. What region are you in and what model number N10.1-14 do you have? Chances are you can safely download and install a compatible region's ROM without changing the status of your device or tripping KNOX.
I have LTE version. It was brought by a friend from Singapore. Its made by Samsung Vietnam and right now in Pakistan.
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#6  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4118
Posts: 8,617
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag80 View Post
I have LTE version. It was brought by a friend from Singapore. Its made by Samsung Vietnam and right now in Pakistan.
You can download the HK 4.4 ROM here.

http://samsung-updates.com/details/3...05ZSUCNF1.html

Many people on the forum are using ROMs from other (but compatible) regions because 4.4 hasn't been rolled out to their specific region yet. I'm using a Panamanian ROM on a SM-P601 from Trinidad. They work fine. There can be some oddity (I still have lock screen widgets which I shouldn't and don't have Daynote when I should) but everything else works as designed.

If you've never installed a non-standard ROM on your device do a Google search on "Odin." It'll link you to s/w you need to download and provide you with instructions. I can answer any questions you might have. There's little risk and it doesn't affect your device's status (it stays "official") or KNOX. For me, 4.4 was like getting a new tablet.
 
drag80
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Yes I am sure 4.4 solves many issues. I will try the above instructions today. thanks a lot and best regards.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more