App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[PROBLEM] Wirelles 5ghz AC drops

23rd July 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
Hello!

I upgraded my wirelles N home router to a TPlink Archer C7 AC to watch 1080p over my wirelles LAN.

My P601 connect and navegate on the internet @5ghz AC but if i tried to transfer a large file or watch a streaming video, the connection drops or freeze all the time and just back when i reboot note 2014...

Already tried to upgrade the router for the last firmware and disable the wifi power saving in P601.

For now i can streaming videos in 2.4ghz band (not 1080p content) and using 5ghz band i can watch 1080p but using N old protocol...

So... the problem is... what is the problem with Note 2014 kikat 4.4 and the 5GHZ AC connections?? Its very frustading buy a expensive AC router and use only in N speeds...

THX
25th July 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbearbr

Hello!

I upgraded my wirelles N home router to a TPlink Archer C7 AC to watch 1080p over my wirelles LAN.

My P601 connect and navegate on the internet @5ghz AC but if i tried to transfer a large file or watch a streaming video, the connection drops or freeze all the time and just back when i reboot note 2014...

Already tried to upgrade the router for the last firmware and disable the wifi power saving in P601.

For now i can streaming videos in 2.4ghz band (not 1080p content) and using 5ghz band i can watch 1080p but using N old protocol...

So... the problem is... what is the problem with Note 2014 kikat 4.4 and the 5GHZ AC connections?? Its very frustading buy a expensive AC router and use only in N speeds...

THX

Try using WEP on 5Ghz AC and see if it helps.
25th July 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunjal

Try using WEP on 5Ghz AC and see if it helps.

will try but WEP will decrease the AC network speed??
26th July 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Waconia, MN
Thanks Meter: 192

995 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbearbr

will try but WEP will decrease the AC network speed??

I get over 150mbps down with WEP on my Asus rt-68ru router so I don't see why you should have problems. just make sure you have all the bandwidth options setup right.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One M8
28th July 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 717

1,478 posts
More
Don't forget that 5GHz has a much shorter range than 2.4GHz; since the -AC standard has higher thruput it will also need more signal and what's probably happening is the OP has just enough signal to connect, but not stay connected, especially during periods of high thruput.
28th July 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 72

627 posts
My router is running 5 Ghz AC and note seems to just work, not speedtested
28th July 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 717

1,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetf1

My router is running 5 Ghz AC and note seems to just work

Same here (Asus AC-1750), but I can't go outside while on 5GHz as the signal is attenuated too much thru several walls.

(FWIW, I bought an Engenius EAP600 last week and it's been phenomenal- I can even get good 5GHz outside now, but the 2.4GHz N signal blows away all the 2.4GHz APs in my 'hood so I just stay on 2.4GHz now for the range.)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread