Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q&A] Hyperdrive Rom Note 10.1 2014 ║ Non-Development Discussion ║ Support

OP sbreen94

Announcement from sbreen94: Hyperdrive Note 10.1 KK RLS4.1 has been released with fixed features and a few bug fixes.
5th January 2015, 09:40 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion116

Flashing with TWRP is easiest for flashing custom Roms.
1. I believe hyperdrive comes pre-rooted but I would root before I flash anything
2. Yes. You can do the same thing you did when you rooted and unrooted.
3. It is recommended and it is easier to update with TWRP installed.
4. If you install TWRP just flash the .zip files. You can also flash with Obin by extracting the Tar files.
5. For TWRP you
1. Make a back up to your external SD card
2. Reboot
3. Factory reset then goto Advance Wipe and wipe everything but the following: internal storage, micro SD card, and USB-OTG **do not wipe these**
4. Tap install and install HD.
5. Follow any instructions on the screen

Look at this link for more help http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2975199

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks! I'll try it tonight and post my results!
7th January 2015, 09:55 PM   |  #82  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion116

Flashing with TWRP is easiest for flashing custom Roms.
1. I believe hyperdrive comes pre-rooted but I would root before I flash anything
2. Yes. You can do the same thing you did when you rooted and unrooted.
3. It is recommended and it is easier to update with TWRP installed.
4. If you install TWRP just flash the .zip files. You can also flash with Obin by extracting the Tar files.
5. For TWRP you
1. Make a back up to your external SD card
2. Reboot
3. Factory reset then goto Advance Wipe and wipe everything but the following: internal storage, micro SD card, and USB-OTG **do not wipe these**
4. Tap install and install HD.
5. Follow any instructions on the screen

Look at this link for more help http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2975199

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi, i have an additional question....

In the Hyperdrive thread, appears the following : "It is recommended to have flashed the latest KK bootloader with Odin for best experience"

Can anyone give me some insights of this? Where is the Kitkat bootloader i need to flash before flashing hyperdrive? Do i need it?

Thanks!
8th January 2015, 10:49 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 25

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolfe2034

Hi, i have an additional question....

In the Hyperdrive thread, appears the following : "It is recommended to have flashed the latest KK bootloader with Odin for best experience"

Can anyone give me some insights of this? Where is the Kitkat bootloader i need to flash before flashing hyperdrive? Do i need it?

Thanks!

Flash the latest version of KK from
sammobile.com with Obin. You will get the latest boot loader.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using XDA Free mobile app
24th January 2015, 10:42 AM   |  #84  

1 posts
Tablet turns on when charging.
First of all, I just want to say I'm really enjoying the rom (I'm using rls4.1). However, ever since I've installed this custom rom, I have not been able to charge my tablet when it is turned off. As soon as I plug my charger into the wall, the tablet turns on again. It doesn't matter if you turn the tablet off before or after it's plugged in. I've tried googling the problem but found no answers so I made an xda account. What could possibly be the problem?

P.S. When I installed the note pro Samsung keyboard via the rom installation setup, I could not get the swipe functionality to work. I downloaded and installed an apk from this thread another thread on this site and that worked for me. Perhaps this can be fixed in a future release?
24th January 2015, 12:38 PM   |  #85  

5 posts
Crash when using spen and media
Whenever I use spen while watching videos or playing music my tablet freezes.....happens only in hyperdrive....I was using stock rom before
26th January 2015, 03:32 PM   |  #86  

0 posts
kernel?
Kernel recommend
28th January 2015, 04:30 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
cut labels on tab s launcher
Loving the Ron, but having an issue with the tab s launcher. The text labels of folders are cut off on the bottom, as if they didn't fit within their line. If I do rate the screen and use portrait mode this does not happen. Perhaps text of labels has a too big font size? How to fix it? Read throughout the whole thread and did not find anyone else with the issue. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2015-01-28-12-27-42.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	3138170  
28th January 2015, 08:38 PM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M155YU

Is it just me or is the default font/dpi of the TW Launcher and apps drawer massive? Even if I switch to a different font, I find that the font size still does not fit right. Is there any fix for this?

I have the same problem, tried changing dpi in build.prop but that does not help much. Any ideas?
Yesterday, 12:46 AM   |  #89  
Flag Northampton

1 posts
More
Huge battery drain
I recently installed hyperdrive ROM to my Galaxy tab 2014 10.1 and am experiencing over 60% battery drain for Android system, when I check the stats the tablet never sleeps, it's always awake. Any ideas why?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread